What MLK Could Tell Pot Activists

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Lory Kohn, Jan 17, 2011.

1. "I have a dream...that all my sons and daughters...whether black and white will all hold hands and sit together at the same functions. There will be no discrimination and everyone will take 2 hits of this shit *holds up a huge 15 gram blunt* and pass it on."

^ it MIGHT go something like that

2. I always thought he still had an impact today.. maybe even.. spiritually with us?

Peacefully break the law to fix the problem bit by bit.. but then again.. its been 80 years and still no sign of change.

3. electing an African American president isn't a change?

4. I'm referring to the drug war.. guess I should have been more descriptive.. lol

5. i mean, white people lynched/raped/spit on/segregated/enslaved etc etc.

i smoke weed?

totally the same thing

6. I honestly dont think he would have been for it

7. Me either... there were a lot more important issues for him to speak out about at the time...

IMO the last thing MLK would do is try to get weed legalized lol

8. a coalition of cannabis related magazines and websites should orchestrate a rally similar to the rally to restore sanity lol. i wouldn't doubt you could get some really entertaining speakers to bridge the generation gaps as well. willie would be down:p

9. MJ change is taking so long because the community is too passive. Look at what happened with alcohol prohibition. It was chaos.

10. How to use logic and reason to disarm the arguments against your movement, and how to use compassion and truth as your shield and armor, and how to treat your own cause with the respect and commitment it deserves, as a potential boon for all of mankind, of all races or beliefs.

How to elevate the lowly perception of prejudice and misinformation, with the ring of the true bell and light of what we all know to be true...prohibition is a failure, cannabis has never been more medically applicable, nor available, and its potential for refinement as a cancer treatment alone, should have it removed immediately from schedule one of the American Controlled Substances Act.

That's what he might focus on, imo.:smoke:

11. 15 states and D.C. have medical marijuana, thats not a sign of change?

12. The clinics get raided, the houses get raided, people and their pets get shot up.

The drug war was relaunched by Nixon to get people's attention away from the bombings in Vietnam.

So I don't really think the violence has changed, it is just getting noticed.

But I do agree states legalizing and decriminalizing is definitely a sign of awareness, I wouldn't say change.

13. its doing more harm than good. people are dying because of this. if dispensaries didn't exist, there wouldn't be these raids.

14. Wait how do you figure?

15. from a peaceful perspective, people shouldn't be dying in order to move this process along, and death is the biggest thing that is actually making people open their eyes to this issue

thats not my view on it though...just what i think MLK would be saying if he were to support it

16. My eyes along with millions of other's eyes have been opened once we realized the lies, and the truth. Probably with that first puff. Sounds peaceful. Its just the ignorant or stubborn that are just now catching on, because of this death. But the death has been going on for a long long time, its not really recent, and perhaps the spirits of the lost will guide our way into a peaceful future.

17. MLK could tell them that he got shot and never saw his dream realized, it happend, but he never saw it. I don´t have a dream, I have a mission that I want to make a reality. There´s a difference. I don´t want to get clubbed on the head for using dumb hippy peaceful demonstration tactics either, I want to be the one doing the hitting.

18. so like the Malcolm X of pot activists?haha

19. Hell yes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SutWuza9aDM]YouTube - Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg - Deep Cover (Uncensored)[/ame]