What Materials Do I Need To Grow 1-2 Plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jefffischer, May 18, 2013.

1. Hello! New to grasscity, new to growing. I'm just wanting to grow either 1 or 2 plants for personal use, plus that'd be the cheapest way I think haha. I've been reading up on the materials but I'm only finding how to grow many many plants. I know I'm gonna have to splurge a bit no matter how many plants I grow, but I just want to know what materials I'll need for just 2 plants? 

Like any other, I'm growing in my closet. I'm trying to find the cheapest way possible to do this. So hey, anyone growing for personal use too? Any tips? What lights I should buy? Which soil is the best? Also, reliable websites I can get seeds from?

Like, if anyone can post a step by step how to grow 2 pot plants, that'd be fucking amazing! 
    I sound like such a newbie to growing but hey, its what I am! I really appreciate it for you do take some time to answer my questions!! Thank you! :) 

2. There's a lot to consider. How much bud do you need to support your habit? How will you ventilate your closet? Does it have to be stealthy? And what exactly is your budget? It's not cheap to become completely self-sufficient, unless you're a very light smoker. I can just barely stretch an eighth for a week, but I can easily smoke a half-ounce in the same time if it's there. That's what I would consider my point of complete independence, when I'm pulling 2 ounces or more for every month of growing. Sucks running out of pot and having to pay street prices after putting in all that work.

You can start out small and re-invest part of your harvest back into your grow, adding and upgrading equipment. You want to focus on efficient instead of cheap because it's a better foundation for future upgrades. CFL's are cheap but they become extremely inefficient as you add more wattage. A 250w hps produces more total lumens than 400w of cfl, and a single hps bulb in an air-cooled hood runs cooler than a clusterfuck of bare bulbs pumping heat directly into your box. Trying to grow anything more than an ounce or two with cfl bulbs is a waste of resources, in my experience. LOL, I ended up using my 16 cfl bulbs just to light my basement, because they suck so bad at growing (they suck at lighting too)

Eh, just my 2c lots of people start out with cfl and have fun with it, not everybody is focused on yield.

Cheers!! :bongin:

3. Read all the stickies, look on YouTube and other internet resources and you'll find all the answers to your questions.