What makes your life worth living?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by m00zix, Aug 5, 2011.

1. I will probably get a lot of hate for this, but Jesus Christ makes my life worth living :)

cool thread btw

2. What's to hate? Enlightenment is a wonderful thing!

3. How could life not be worth living?

I think there are some obvious answers to that, but life itself is reason to live.

4. The universe... and everything in it,

Makes my life worth living.

5. boooo you suck!!! leave the forum!!!

6. WHAT?! :eek::eek::eek:

icwutudidthar. I know you better than that :p

7. I have never felt my life would ammount to what you described above, and im young. I dont think everyone wants to grow up for the reasons like job, money and climbing the social ladder. I believe there once was hope in living a life in persuit of dreams and happniess, however it becomes incredibly hard with the cost of living. How can you chase your dreams if your stuck trying to pay bills? The reason i see things this way is because my parents talk about when they were my age and i see a lot of similaritys between us...but thats the thing...will i just grow up to get stuck in a job supporting a life that has not fully been fufilled? Who knows...what gives my life meaning is being able to live each day and be happy, not worying about what its worth it, because if im happy and im capable of making other people happy then i think thats all that i need. (Sorry i spell a ton of stuff wrong hahaha)

8. I hear continuously people saying that materialism is on the rise, that this generation is worse than previous when it comes to selfishness and greediness. I can't help but think that's a statement bred from ignorance. Since when has western society not been about materialism? Every century breeds the same surface level morals, there is nothing "new" about it.

Anyways, I've questioned the meaning of life so much that I'm sick of questioning. There is no "point", perhaps life itself doesn't revolve around a "purpose".. Man's purpose is to always progress, to always question, to always try and further what we already have; for whatever reason, I'm not quite sure. We will never fufill what we question about life, so for now I'm dropping the question to stop obsessing over it. I'm here, I might as well try to enjoy what is here as well.. Right? This world is so small, yet has so many awe-inspiring things to offer.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

9. I see our MASSIVE technological advances as breeding greed and materialism, as it always has; the times we live in now are incredible and we're going to see some amazing things come from technological advances in our life time. Hell, we've witnessed the fucking rise of the internet. Do you realize how powerful that is!

I feel you on that.

Agreed completely.

You just gave life meaning in that statement. It all comes back to happiness baby! Deep down we're all just hedonists.