What makes you happy?

Discussion in 'General' started by maestroelite, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Besides the obvious(sex and drugs), what do you really enjoy doing that always makes you feel better about things? For me, its playing my saxes(or music in general, but that beats anything to me), taking long walks, or enjoying some really good food. I'm actually quitting smoking tobacco so that I can keep playing longer.. I don't want to lose my lung capacity. Sweet mary jane from here on out.. :hello:

2. i got de ja vu(sp?) reading this thread. are you sure you haven't posted this before?

well anyway, when someone goes out of their way to help a complete stranger, that makes me happy.

when ALL of my dealers aren't dry like they've been the last few weeks.

playing my saxophone and guitar.

going to see the doobie brothers on july 3rd!!!

^^
    that makes me extremely happy.

3. I'm PRETTY sure I haven't , but anything's possible, right?
    What sax do you have? Unfortunately, I have SATB to take care of... talk about $$. Throw in clarinet and flute and it gets to be a little bit :eek: but my saxes get way more play time. Alto and bari are my favorites. Nothing quite like honking away on bari..

4. i have a 1950-60 silver selmer alto. not sure on the year, i bought it used from my lessons teacher's friend after playing it.

it plays wonderfully and it is going in for a repadding within the next few months.

i play a lot of jazz and am going to school for it right now.

what is SATB? what kind of alto do you have.

honking away on a bari is a lot of fun.

5. sitting somewhere and looking at the ocean smoking a blunt makes me feel better when im stressed out or pissed off.

6. SATB is soprano/alto/tenor/bari, sorry. I got a Yamaha 62 soprano(circa 1990), Selmer Mark VII alto(circa 1975), Buescher "Big B" tenor(not sure on the year, charts are crap. looks like ~1950 though, great horn), and a Yanagisawa 991 bari(got it last year). I still have my old The Martin bari but I don't play it a lot anymore. Too much stuff needs the low A and the Yani is a lot easier on my hands. And a drawer full of mouthpieces...

Is that a Mark VI alto you've got? Well, I'm guessing its a Super Balanced Action or a VI, so either way nice buy! Where are you going to go to school? I went to Ball State over in Muncie, good school. Have you looked at Northwestern? I saw that you're in Chicago and Fred Hemke is the sax guy over there, monster player.

7. smoke in my lungs, music in my ears, clothes on my back, and food in my stomach

8. ...Drugs, sex, music, food..

9. Being a mother, a daughter, a sister, a wife, a friend. All those make me happy. They all end up leading a person to the many adventures of your life.

10. contemplating infinity is always nice

11. Art, love, music. The future. The past.

12. Im happy when I cant remember what day of the week it is :)

13. Water(lake preferably) good weed, and a cool girl. Thats all I need.
    [​IMG]

14. What would make me most happy would be to fall asleep with my girlfriend. But I'm on the other side of the world for a vacation :(

15. just sex and drugs for me....

16. Not going to jail,smoking,and girls and hanging out!

17. I love playin guitar. Even more than that, i love listening to music. Naturally weed enhances these activities but you said besides drugs and i still enjoy them without weed.

:D

TOMORROW NIGHT FOR ME!!!! I cant wait. I saw them last year they were fantastic. That makes 2 concerts in a row. tonight i saw the allman brothers. sooooooo fucking good! i doubt the doobies will beat them, but it should be fun.

18. besides sex and drugs, its 3 wheeleing, fires(I could sit around just watching a fire burn for hours, its so peaceful, epecially with a beer and some weed)....and also my mom buying me a pipe, and this years birthday present

19. Scuba Diving and playing with my grand kids...