Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What makes you a pothead ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OG Mango, Jul 3, 2012.

1. What are some reasons you consider yourself or someone else to be a pothead ?

2. they smoke alot of weed

3. smoking weed

4. Blowing dicks, swallowing nut.

5. Putting pots on our heads.

6. If someone asked me to define what a pothead is, I'd probably say someone who not only smokes with friends, but by themselves. Someone who sees the awesomness in Earth.

7. Apparently this guy ^ was the only one smart enough to understand what I meant. I wasn't asking so I could know what makes you a pothead. I already know the answer. I wanted your guys own personal opinion of what qualifies you to be a pothead.

8. i like to smoke weeed, with friends, random strangers, or myself. then eat, go on adventures, drive around, act young and stupid. live life , oh and listen to music. so yea id say im a stoner

9. i smoke or vape everyday.

10. Weed - pothead
    Alcohol - Alcoholic.

Same deal.
    Pothead IMO is an insulting way to refer to someone that smokes weed, or a reference to a person that abuses rather than uses.
    A person who "hangs out" when they don't have it, a person that puts their other priorities someplace beneath weed, a person that'll ditch occasions to get stoned on an ongoing basis, an annoyingly vague and forgetful person that can't even hold a conversation. A person that can't sleep/eat right without weed. A person that gets mood swings or all sullen when they can't have weed.
    A person who's only topic is weed or smoking weed. An embarrassment.

But that's just my take - personally I think the term "pothead" is a negative one, and that's what comes to mind.

11. smoking weed everyday

12. That's why i wanna cut down to once a day again.

13. I completely agree with @RandomThoughts

14. I was born to be a stoner. Grew up being pulled towards weed, never tried anything else really, other than alcohol. Later to find out my dad has been smoking all his life and was waiting to find out i was too lol.

PS: Pot head is one of my most hated phrases, thanks for using it so much

15. I saw a picture once - it was a definition.

Pot head - adj. -
    1. Someone who believes any problem can be fixed with smoking weed.
    2. Someone who believes everything is more fun while high.

I find nothing wrong with this definition besides the fact my picture is not located right next to it.

16. I smoke by myself, with friends, strangers. I have a bong. Im in love with mary.

17. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuGN5rN4uSs]How To Spot A Pothead - YouTube[/ame]
    this should help you out.:smoke:

18. I find "pothead" to be a condescending term and I never apply it to myself nor the cool people I vape with. To me, a "pothead" is someone who uses herb as a DRUG ie the equivalent of alcohol. Basically, potheads are those douchebag fuckwad stoners we all know and hate who smoke to run away from their problems and shit. They are the people that give weed and smokers a negative connotation. If you smoke a bowl by yourself or with a good buddy and have deep conversations about awesome shit, you are not a pothead. If you go to some frat party, smoke a bowl, slam some beers, and be a total tool all night, you are a pothead.

Herb should be an engine of healing, meditation, and enlightenment; not just another way to get "fucked up".

19. Pothead and stoner lean towards deragatory, 'smoker' is the preferred term...IMO

Generally its just the context though for me.

I tend to think of myself as just a smoker, I smoke daily but its not like blunt after blunt every hour

20. It's already been said quite a few times, but I'll say it again. I think of a pothead as someone who misuses the herb as a drug and only smokes to get fucked up, as opposed to using it for medicinal (spelling?) purposes. These are usually the ojes that smoke their entire stash in 1-2 days and then have to steal money, or bud, or get people to smoke them up. I know this because I was once like this (when I was like 14). They are those highschool dropouts that give Cannabis users a bad name.