Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What makes you a hippie?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by FoxMulder, Mar 18, 2012.

1. I guess since in a counter culture like marijuana there are tons of hardcore hippies and id like to ask, what makes you a hippie? What makes you consider yourself one?

2. You can be whatever you wanna be, just follow all the common stereotypes of a label and you're on your way!

3. I ain't no hippy. ;)

4. Marijuana and ponchos

5. Hmm, I smoke pot, believe in freedom for all, try to eat a diet with a good amount of vegetables (not always the best at it lol), started making vegetable juices, and get outraged at the right-winged bills our government passes. Although I only recycle cause I get money back for it. If the option to buy green is available I tend to do that too. I don't think this makes me a hippy, however on the third day I haven't showered you may think otherwise ;)

6. #6 nanners, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
    blah... I get called a hippy all the time.

I don't consider myself a hippy. I love natural things and nature. Consume weed, am liberal, make art, love to tie-dye and pretty easy going. I don't like to be stereotyped.

7. I feel a deeply immoral since to peace and love now and i feel i have a spiritual connection with earth and have a feeling to want to be in nature and have a less impacting lifestyle. In my past life i was an activist in the 60's and i just feel a general sense of outrage and want to express things differently. Or maybe its the weed talking. I have no idea.

8. #8 The Crunge, Mar 18, 2012
    I believe deeply in nonviolence. I meditate regularly. I have long hair. I play like 20+ instruments. My musical taste. I say "man" after every sentence... man. I don't know. A bunch of other shit.

And what this guy said^

9. [quote name='"FoxMulder"']I feel a deeply immoral since to peace and love now and i feel i have a spiritual connection with earth and have a feeling to want to be in nature and have a less impacting lifestyle. In my past life i was an activist in the 60's and i just feel a general sense of outrage and want to express things differently. Or maybe its the weed talking. I have no idea.[/quote]

this made me laugh

10. #10 BuddhistBrian, Mar 18, 2012
    I smoke a lot of weed. I love the environment and I am huge on recycling and all that. I'm a liberal. I love tye dye clothes. I dislike the governments actions. I'm against violence unless absolutely necessary. I have a lot of stickers on my car. I grow plants (not weed but some peaches and oranges). I try to buy as many organic products as I can. I love animals. I'm very open minded.

I also love nature.

11. I totally understand the reality of things in life and want to experience it free of constraints and preach peace and love to everybody and be pacifistic and live how i feel i should and not conform to the way people act.

I now realize why my friends like hanging out with me, im apparently weird.

12. Me a Hippy? Not in your wildest dreams!

13. You tye dye clothes? really? really?

14. [quote name='"matmew"']You tye dye clothes? really? really?[/quote]

You don't? I've been doing it since the 90's man :D

15. I'm like a mix between a hippie and a hillbilly.

16. I have always kinda considered my self a gothic hippy. I see beauty in the darker aspects of life and I also love the light and flowers, I love to be free and to travel around. I feel passionately for things that preserve the world and make it better for every one. I think every one should be able to explore both side of their nature. The darkness and the light, as it's in every thing.
    And you must know yourself before you can truly know others.
    :smoke:

17. I just watch this thing on nat geo an it was a bio on the hippie. An all they kept saying LSD an hippe like they were two peas in a pod. It was pretty funny to watch.

18. I used to be a hippie last year during my first year of college.. Then I slowed down and realize I need to get more serious. Still smoke every day tho haha. Just this time at night but on the weekends I always wake and bake, it's only right too lol.

19. Hippie is a derogatory term we prefer flower children.