Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What makes someone a pothead?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by zBUDz23, Feb 26, 2010.

1. I was called a pothead the other day and i was actually offended. I only smoke on weekends really and it's not like i smoke from morning until night. I sometimes smoke during the week if nobodys home but not often. Would i be considered a pothead?

2. i consider a pothead a punk kid who thinks he's cool for smoking weed all day. Stoners, like me, and most others here, treat marijuana as a hobby, a way of life. But to most people if you smoke, you're a pothead.

oh, and if you don't smoke that much, why are you in seasoned tokers?

3. I wouldn't personally consider you a pothead, but I think it's more about how you use than how often you use.

I am a pothead, and the reason I say this is not just because I smoke every day. I don't know why I say this exactly, but it's not solely reliant on how often you smoke.

4. Because i have been smoking for so long. I know A LOT about it from my years of smoking. I just choose to not do it every single day.

5. If you think quantity smoked is what makes you a seasoned toker, why are you in seasoned tokers?

6. That's odd. I've never thought of "pothead" as an insult. In fact, I've never really made the distinction between stoners, potheads, etc.

7. the dude said it himself, he didn't consider himself to be a pothead or a stoner.

8. to me, i don't see anything wrong with that. my adaptation of being a pothead is doing it to the point of where it's your primary hobby and the thing you do the most.

everyone has their own perception on it, but don't take too much offense to it. i know a lot of people think i'm just a huge burnout, but fuck 'em, i know i'm not.

9. plus, I've never heard anyone use "stoner" as an insult. I've heard people use "pothead" as an insult more than once.

10. pothead isn't in my dictionary. But, im a stoner :smoking:

11. All just words to me.

12. qft

once i had heard that someone called me a pothead behind my back. i was highly offended. sure i smoke a lot, like 5 times a week on average, but i dont think i show it. i have a legit job where i get dressed up every day. i dont smell like bud. im not a super hippie. so fuck 'em, if they wanna hate, let 'em hate. i consider myself a stoner cause i smoke a lot of pot but it is in no way reflected in my day to day life.

13. i feel like it's splitting hairs when you''re comparing pothead to stoner. I use both and i think that neither is a negative to me.

The only negative term i apply to someone who smokes weed is a 'status stoner'
    this is a term me and my group who smoke use to refer to people who smoke weed at parties to be cool, or talk about smoking weed all time, and just generally think they are king shit for blazing. im sure you all know the type of person i'm talking about lol. just literally a person who smokes for status.

frankly man, i realize people outside this community would call you a pothead as a negative term to describe you, but fuck 'em. they don't know anything about weed most likely, and they certainly don't know you, so i wouldn't let them bother you about it :)

14. Your not a pot head.

A pot head is someone that smokes so much they treat it like crack. They will try to buy a 2$ sack or something.

A Stoner is someone who LOVES to smoke weed, but they don't only smoke weed.

Myself, i consider myself a stoner. I smoke weed about everyday, but thats not my life. I still go to school, get ~90 grades, have friends, i don't have any money problems, i dont get into trouble with the law, i dont wear shirts that say, SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY, ect. If i didn't tell you i smoked weed, you would NEVER know. Unless im blitted lol

15. what was that for man? his post didn't really deserve that sort of harsh response in my opinion.

16. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Quote for truth?

17. man, you seem to think pothead is a negative term too, and i don't understand that.
    but mainly, i quoted you because you're smoking habits and life closely mirror my own. I have friends, have a 90 avg right now, and yes, smoke weed everyday. and if that's what a stoner is, then i'm proudly a stoner. :smoking:
    keep toking, my friend.

18. Sorry man, i thought that his reply would also show the other guy's quote, so you were no doubt confused lol. this should clear things up :)

19. i feel there is 2 ways to tell........how often they smoke...........or..........being around them alot and if they look and act like their high even when they arent.....

20. I personally would say that a pothead is one who needs weed constantly, maybe where their life revolves around the mj.