what makes life beautiful...to you

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by phiegnux, Dec 1, 2007.

1. one of the many mini-revelations i had and held on to with the help of MDMA.

no one thing observed at any time in any place on any plane of existence or reality by any one species, sect, race, gender or ethnicity down to the individual human is percieved the same....

one of the things that seem to make life beautiful...to me.

what about the rest of ya?

2. nature...I love the outdoors, and taking a walk...whether through the mountains, a forest, a glacier, I have always loved being outside. It centers me, and just raises my mood.

3. An insight I had on a acid trip is that we're all sitting on a pendulum of potential. All that is needed for us to tap into this "infinite" potential is a big push/drive/purpose. Once we have that necessary drive we can start moving up or down the pendulum, in a good or bad direction, and with each leap we gain more and more momentum until it's like inertia and it becomes easier and easier to do more good or more damage.

I guess you kinda had to be there to understand. Looking back, I can say that if you start getting creative and doing good for the people around you, a purpose or drive will come to you and you'll be on your way to tapping into that infinite potential. I'm starting to see the effects of this in my life..

4. "It's a beautiful world we live in
    A sweet romantic place
    Beautiful people everywhwere!
    The way they show they care,
    Makes me want to say....It's a beautiful world!
    For you...for you...for you,
    It's not for me!"

-Devo-

Smartasses and songsters do it for me, more music and laughter please.

5. The oscillations of life, the flow.

Nature. Specifically clouds.. and trees..

Human contact. Touching hands with someone you love, something about the sensuality.

6. I wouldn't say anything makes life beautiful, cause that would mean I thought that overall life was beautiful. There are things in life that are beautiful, for example the afterglow of really good sex, not the sex itself, but that period right after it where everything is just awesome. The perfect strike on a soccer ball, when you know you hit that sweet spot on the ball. The intensity that comes with riding a down a hill on whatever device you prefer(board, ski, bike, shopping cart). The peace on listening to a dope album in complete darkness. But none of these parts of life make the whole of life beautiful. If anything did it would be pain, suffering, boredom, and ugliness. Those make the beautiful things worthwhile. Without a darkness to compare to, how could you know what life is?

7. standing in my field and feeling the summer breeze blow around me while feeling the warmth of the sun.

paradise.

8. The whole shabang I guess... I mean all that we call beautiful is part of existance.

I'd say the most captivated I've ever been by beauty has been by a woman, naked at close range...

Sorry, no deep post from me this time... LOL

9. my girlfriend, smoking headie blunts, chillin' with my friends.

10. All of it. Every single thing I sense. For there will never be another one like it.

11. my vw bus even if it doesnt start all the time i can still pop in an 8 track chill on the roof rack and smoke a doober nothin more beautiful than a hippie smokin a joint on top of a vw bus

12. Love.
    I think love is the driving force behind my life. we do things because we love to do them and we search for love in relationships. Friends, hobbies, relationships, jobs, pets...we have love for all sorts of things and in order for the world to truly be beautiful we need to have love for all things and peoples. Wow.

13. beutiful,is a fuckin concept. its in your head, that fuckin bullshit, whats so god damn beutifull here.........nothing, nothing at all get over it its in your head were all ready dead you just havent relized it yet,,,,,

14. fuckin freaky huh?

15. ahhh!.. no.

(IMO)

16. I've also had many revelations on MDMA, one being that everything is connected, even when it seems that it's not. Life is one and the same process of the universe, anything that makes it seem not is a work of fiction, used purely for understanding purposes. Most commonly people get too caught up in this fiction, making it a work of non-fiction in their eyes, set in stone over a long period of time.

And of course this brought me to realize to question everything. Truth is not necessarily truth because everyone believes in it. You must find out everything for your own self.

17. <c[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

:D

[​IMG]

18. Buffet, you old E-tard :p

Other life makes life beautiful. Being a human is one of the strangest feelings, I think. Feeling human... You're a biological, natural creature stuck in a fabricated, technological society and there's nothing you can do to get out, except accept it. I like to watch Planet Earth sometimes and see how similar we are to other species, primates especially... The gang wars, the territorial nature of us, the drama, the family... It all kind of puts it into perspective that there's not much that separates us from other, more "natural" forms of life. Watching a family of elephants interact with each other, a pride of lions; where the mothers' primary concern is making sure her children and accounted for, taken care of, and fed...

It's kind of nice to feel more like an animal instead of just a product of the society we're born into where we use tools and language... People like to say that humans are so superiorly intelligent, which could be true in a lot of cases, but I was watching a rain forest Planet Earth this afternoon... There was a group of some kind of ant. One of the ants got sick and was kind of comatose... The worker ants picked this motherfucker up and dragged him away from their colony, to isolate the colony from what was about to happen next--The diseased ant started to sprout some creepy parasite that could endanger the colony if he were just left there... Other animals are intelligent but they haven't used the kind of tools and technology that we have. We wear machine-made clothing and eat processed food, as opposed to nudity and hunting raw meat and eating what fruit we can find... Animals interact with each other similarly, and it's really beautiful to feel at one with that natural aspect.

19. My post in two words. A big rock that's full of natural surprises and beauty. Stunning and thought-provoking.