What makes good weed good?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tokémon3000, Sep 24, 2013.

1. So I was looking at the shitty bud I just bought and I was wondering if the plant ever had potential to be amazing.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm new here :)

So what I'm wondering is: are all strains meant to become rad buds if grown right...or are some strains just truly better than the others.

:)

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. All strains have a THC/CBD cap determined by genetics, so they can't get past that % of THC/CBD but yes every strain and every seed and every clone and all of that good stuff has the potential to grow killer buds. Most bad bud is bad to poor growing techniques, harvesting early, bad harvesting/drying/curing conditions and usually these buds are packaged poorly and handled roughly which can degrade it.

3. You pretty much summed that up to a T.

4. yup exactly what ted said 

5. #5 GRAFiKi, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2013
    I buy regs/mids to get new seeds when I need to I've never once bought a seed.Perfect example is this plantAll the pictures are the same nug at different steps. Lovely lovely plant good smokes.The difference is a little TLC. Though its bound by everything ted said there's good weed out there disguised as shit. Ifs fun to plant and see what beauty may lay underneath

Attached Files:

6. Ted basically summed it up, I wanted to add however that some strains no matter how much care you give them won't ever "LOOK" like killer bud despite its potency. Just like THC "bag appeal" is also controlled by genetics so basically each strain can only get so frosty. Some of the most potent, flavorful, and psychedelic Cannabis look like crap, this is often the case with pure Sativas.

BY the way I Love that last picture you posted Grafiki, very artistic.

7. Thanks for the responses!

My bad bud did have seed on it...like 30 in a half oz. so I figured I'd try to grow from that rather than buy some right off the bat. I've been researching how to grow indoors for about 8 months now and I'm finally getting set up.

I hope this turns into some killer bud.

8. Clone whatever seeds pop so you can pheno hunt for a suitable mother. After growing the same cut for several harvest you will be able to dial in on that specific plant and grow it to its full potential

9. Thanks!! :)

10. Most but not all strains have the potential to grow killer buds.  I grew some from bag seed once back in the '70s that looked, covered with tricromes, they smelled skunky and hashy and tasted like they should be knock out powerful.  But you couldn't smoke enough to get a buzz.  Not even a little bit of a buzz!  Nothing but taste.  Really good taste, but nothing else.  This shit looked and smelled and felt so good several people tried and tried to get stoned on it and couldn't believe they weren't.  It was incredible stuff!  And it was grown in  with other seeds that did turn out really good.  So I'm sure it wasn't how it was grown.

11. I hope I can do it just a bit better.

The high produced is very cerebral but I feel a but anxious at times and its got a mild body mellow. Its not the shittiest I've ever had but by far, no where the best

Attached Files:

12. Dude. Duuude. Think about what you just said. It was probably pure CBD

13. If the bud is cerebral and in your head then it's is most likely Sativa dominant which can easily induce paranoia or anxiety, if you hunt for the right mother or use a strain that's high in CBD then you shouldn't have a problem.

14. I have really bad depression so I like it for that but sometimes its too much

15. I think that's why I like my high CBD Juanita La Lagrimosa so much.  She has enough THC to get me off but it is a really nice mellow relaxed calm high.

16. I would love to know more about the science side. Like know a shit ton off the top of my head

17. Me too.  I'd love to know what I'm talking about. :hide:

18. This sent me into the giggle fits.

19. I to suffer from depression and I agree Sativas are the only way to go. Get super silver haze beans and pheno hunt for your perfect mom. Super silver haze was by far one of the best I have had for depression. This one batch I got once had me laughing like when I started smoking, it could take me out of any funk, plus the flavor was incredible.