What makes buds more dense

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by droski, Sep 1, 2009.

1. So I herd that if you put a table spoon of epson salt per gallon of water it will dense up your buds
    I wanna know if this is true or/and if there is any other alternatives to densr budz ?

2. High there, molasses is what you give the girls for dense buds and more resin. I think lighting is the most important thing to dense buds but they sure do love molasses.

3. Molasses eh? I just learned something. I will keep that in mind for the next grow.

4. More light, more lights, light more, and some cooler temp's can help get buds denser and sticky.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

5. Mollasses, cant do growing hydro. But uh more light is common sense, i know there gotta be something out there that you can put in the water. Well thanks anyway.

6. uhm, you can actually use molasses in hydro... it really depends on what kind of system you have running.

it helps to boil some water, add some molasses and let it cool to room temp so that it is dilluted and not as thick. then add it to your jugs.

for DWC it works great...

7. Would you use molasses as well as nutrients to feed the plants or just on its own?

8. for DWC it works great...

DWC? Is there an acronym list somewhere, there's several I don't know. Thanks.

Re: epsom salt: in my veggie garden I use epsom salts sprinkled on the soil then watered in. Here is a link with some info about using epsom salt in the garden, it provides magnesium. I have also hear that the epsom salt allows the plant to better absorb other nutes. No scientific evidence, just old garden lore!

Epsom Salts and Plants - Is it Worth Using Epsom Salts as a Plant Fertilizer?

9. light and air exchange/c02

10. DWC= Deep Water Culture. Its a form of hydro where the entire root system stays submerged in oxygenated water.

11. This!

12. Yes light and proper growing conditions contribute mightily but I would consider genetics to be the #1 thing.

13. CO2 but doing this you have to increase nutrient to an appropriate level to keep up with the now rapid repoduction

14. mollasses is great it has no nutritional value its just sugar and plants make sugar .. the Hi-brix mollasses is GREAT....... makes it taste real sweet too.

15. I love high Brix sugars. they ferment out to make high alcohol!

16. idk why there is a thread on the advanced growing techniques thread about using molasses as a nutrient if it has no nutritional value, http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/290744-using-molasses-nutrient.html and heres the content, Brer Rabbit Blackstrap Molasses
    Nutritional Information and Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1Tbsp. (21g). Servings per Container: About 24. Amount Per Serving: Calories - 60;
    Percentage Daily Values; Fat - 0g, 0%; Sodium - 65mg. 3%; Potassium - 800 mg. 23%; Total Carbohydrates - 13g, 4%; Sugars - 12g, Protein - 1g, Calcium - 2%; Iron 10%; Magnesium 15%; Not a significant source of calories from fat, sat. fat, cholesterol, fiber, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C. contains mag. among many other minerals im sure its great for the plants u were right about it being sugar also tho.

17. hi there
    I no this might sound like a strange 1 but in my book it say's adding honey to a watering a week before harvest increase's bud density. They done a test with and without and the one with honey had its bud weight increased by 20%
    Hope this helps good luck!

18. Molasses mostly increases growth in the plants because it stimulates microscopic organisms in the medium, which have a symbiotic relationship with your plants.

19. Budswell (guano) Tea, is a excellent spray with very noticable results.