What makes a quality bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by helloeveryone420, Apr 22, 2015.

1. #1 helloeveryone420, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
    Someone told me a 5mm thick bong could be better than a 7mm. I don't get it. how? Do they get fragile if heated too much or something like that? Maybe the unions are weaker? I want to treat myself with a new bong, but TECHNICALLY SPEAKING what makes a 5mm roor better than a 9mm off-brand. What should I be looking for?

I see a $100 traditional 7mm no-brand name bong from SoCal and it looks great. I can't imagine why it would be any different than an expensive one that appears identical.

Just trying to get all the info before purchasing. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Quality of boro used is a thing. Just like just about every building material there are different qualities of it. Also, craftsmanship and attention to detail plays a part in pricing.

3. #3 sleepingblade, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Glass, and how it was used to make the bong.

Glass can found cheap, or can be expensive.

There are many REPUTABLE high end glass makers, they're usually known to use quality glass, while cheap knock off with brands you've never heard of or fake labels use cheap glass.

Either way, check glass and look for uniform glass without pores and mold marks, my mobius bong ($400+) has no defects bubbles mold marks NOTHING.

My buddies cheap $70 (which works fine), has many pits in the glass, bubbles, and mold markings.
    Also the down stem he buys aren't 100% flush with the bong, causing air leak.

4. A $50 straight tube will hit similar to a roor, but good luck finding one this clean.  No seems, pours, welds, just flawless.
    View attachment 132792
    She has been treating me well since November 2013.