Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What made you want to start smoking for the first time?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Markyb, May 27, 2011.

1. Basically mine was watching quite a few stoner movies, pineapple express was my favorite film. So i researched the effects of it and the next time someone cracked out a joint at a party i wasn't hesitated to join when invited to the circle.

Just wondered what other peoples stories are

2. m older brother was an influence b.c he used to deal and still does just smoke the craziest sour and skunk in his room across the hall

3. I used to be dead against all drugs and booze. Then after watching the Penn and Teller's Bullshit episode on the war on drugs I wanted to find out more about the drug other than the shit I'd been told as a kid. Finally after watching The Union a couple times and some Bill Hicks shows I decided I should give it a go.

It was definitely a decision I won't regret. Knowledge truly is power :smoking:

4. This..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7npWDyxB7d8]YouTube - ‪Walk Hard - Marijuana Warning (HQ)‬‏[/ame]

5. i just had the interest to get high, and be able to perceive my surroundings differently

6. I became curious about getting high, because my friends were talking about it and I knew that they all already smoked before. After I contemplated whether or not I wanted to do it for like 2 days, where I literally thought about it the whole time, peer pressure got to me.

I blew $80 worth of mid between two other friends. Smoked it all in one session. Highest I have ever been and it changed my life forever. Best peer pressure ever!:bongin:

7. I don't remember what made me want to start , in fact I don't even remember when I first got stoned (not because i did too much , I don't even remember the day or event) but some friends and I just started talking about it and decided we wanted to all try it .

8. The homie OG Triple OG haha naw but my friend in MS smoked a lot and introduced me to it

9. I couldn't really imagine what it was like to be high myself so I was really curious and when it came up I was like sure let's smoke so we did and we never put that shit down

10. All the cool kids were doin it, and I wanted to prove that I could be cool, too.

Haha, I really don't remember what made me start smoking...it just sorta happened.

11. Depression and frequent thoughts of suicide to be honest

12. this chinese dude in an alley

13. friends at school lol

14. I smoked it once, then just came to the light. Simple as that. ^_^

15. Depression from life was the main reasons and also i wanted to branch out and meet some new people and this helped alot made me less quiet

16. i just wanted to experience getting high. No peer pressure or shit. So i found out in sixth grade a dealer sold on my block. bought a bag from him and smoked with my bro's older brother. He didnt want too but now he smokes

17. I had a bad sports injury when I was 19 and was in a LOT of pain. My girlfriend at the time was a regular, responsible smoker. She finally convinced me to try a joint, and the pain just faded until it was gone. Also, I was HIGH as all get out, lol! After that, I did my own research and found out it isn't the evil menace I'd been told it was, so I started smoking regularly after that. Glad I did!

18. My buddy was just like yo lets smoke a blunt so i was like ight

19. For me it was just curiosity. First time was when my friend was smoking in the locker room during in gym class, I just asked him if I could try and he let me. Barely got high though because I didn't inhale right, and a kid walked in right when he lit it so I got scared and rushed it.

20. intense back pain and anxiety issues