Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What made you start smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by legoboy08, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Long story but,
    In 6th grade I smoked salvia .. liked that.
    over summer started smoking cigarettes... never a too big fan of those,
    7th grade starts and I was hanging out with some high schoolers and they were smoking like every other week so i was like what the hell...
    honestly my first time was brownies with weed in em lol...
    My first smoke though was a homemade gatorade bowl about a month later..

2. It was health class. I talked to my friend saying how when they talk about LSD, there are no bad effects. Just 12 hour trips. I need to try it sometime. He told me that weed dosen't cause lungcancer and all the bad effect are bullshit. Eventually, the next year I started smoking weed. It was amazing.

3. i guy i knew back in ninth grade smoked it, along with many other people. but i had alot of respect for this guy, and he ws the only guy i truted not to gype me.

4. The fact that some really good friends started smoking and a mix with some personal curiosity. It really wasn't a bad thing to start smoking.

This site is like a really good complement to smoking. I don't know how people used to do it when grasscity wasn't around! Once you go GrassCity, you don't go back!

5. i was at my friend kevins house and the whipped out his bong and asked me if i wanted to try it and at first i said no but after seeing how much fun they were having i had to rip it and good thing for me i started smoking cigarettes before weed so i already knew how to inhale and to inhale with my lungs and not my mouth so all in all i had a very good time and got high the first time i smoked which i guess doesnt happen to many people when they smoke for there first time

6. #106 BrizzlyBear, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
    After I heard all the bad things about weed, combined with knowing a few smoker friends who didn't live up to the image of the "pot head". I wanted to learn for myself, I don't like just listening to what people have to say about something without getting the facts myself.

7. I did'nt start smoking until someone held a gun to my head and made me.

j/k I was just curious.

8. All the cool kids were doing it.

9. I was walking in the woods a couple years ago with a buddy of mine, he pulled out an 1/8th and a pipe and was like, "You wanna burn down this forest with me?" I was like... "Um.. Sure?" after realizing he didnt mean the actual forest but the weed i was happy i said yes. :hello:

10. I grew up in a lower class area where alchoholism ran rampant.I think i kinda subconciously chose to try getting high at 13 while the rest of my friends drank cause I had no interest in being a drunk. I even asked my Dr. what the effects would be

11. Being diagnosed with MS at sixteen years of age (sucked) and thinking that if I could get it medicinally for what I had I'd might as well...

12. Curiosity. I had always been curious about what marijuana actually did, after hearing so much about it. Finally, one day, I was offered to smoke by one of my cousins when I was like...13, maybe? And that's what started it.

13. i decided to stop eating those spoonfuls of bullshit i was fed and wanted to see what it was about because i had decent friends who smoked as well and didn't look like retards or fuckups to me

14. the first time i really smoked weed (inhaled) was with a hot girl nuff said

15. hmm...well i was kinda anti-pot growing up because i had smoked it a couple times and didnt like it...but then at college i felt kinda depressed and said okay one night to smoke with my roomate...the stress melted away and now im'a pot head....LOL:smoking:

16. lls...funny...but...I KNEW my whole life that I would be smoking bud...
    when I was little...you know how everybody always think they going to tha NFL/NBA/MLB whateva...lls...I always said I would be in tha nfl and have a Mansion...and about a million dollars from my signing day contract would goto buying weed...

I guess it stemmed from watching NCAA/NBA/NFL players always used to get in trouble for it...lol...and i seen regular people smoked (my stepdad and my cuzin)...and I thought it was cool...

17. I was a homeschooled Christan kid growing up, then went to a public high school. I had a crush on a really good friend of mine. I always suspected she smoked, yet was never for sure, so I didn't bring it up.

Fast forward to the summer after senior year. I hear from more and more people that she smokes, and it starts to worry me (the naive child I was), so I call her up and ask her. She denies it, and I don't believe it, so I start to look online to find what pot does to you.

You and I both know what I found...close to nothing! I discovered that this drug everyone freaked out about wasn't nearly as bad as it was being made out to be.

Anyway, one day comes around and calls me at work to tell me that yes, she smoked pot. I told her I didn't care, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was, so it's all good.

She pauses, and says "So, would you be interested in trying it with me?"

I'm in college at this point, and I know it's not as bad as I thought, so I do :D:smoking:
    The first time was a very...shall we say...hyper high. I was bouncin off the walls, both at her apartment and back in my dorm. I continued to smoke with her, until I started looking around, and I found out that lots of the kids on the floor of my dorm smoke as well.

Needless to say, the short time I had in college was a very fun one :D

18. One time when i was in the &7th grade this really hot girl invited me to go smoke with her, and of course u cant say no to a hot chick and weed

19. A repressive Southern Baptist background made smoking seem taboo and therefore interesting and erotic.

"Smoking leads to sex, drinking, tattoos, and other vices," so they said. They were right about the first three as I have all now.

I wouldn't trade this shit for the world.

20. for me it was my involvement with music,im a musician and i play/listen to alot of prog rock and psychedelic stuff and felt like it all would sound amazing if i were stoned and i was right