what lights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by yellowfish, Mar 26, 2005.

1. I have a 2x2 stand alone closet 7' tall, completely lined with mylar, with 150 watt HPS and 150 watt MH. I start with 6" pots and transplant to 2 or 3 gal grow bags before I send them off to flower. I do the veg and a buddy flowers. He uses 2 150 watt HPS.
    Couple of questions. Should I give him my HPS and stick with the MH only (keep reading MH is better for veg)? If so how big can my space be? If I keep both, how big should my area be? Primary crop is pure AK-47 if that helps out at all. SOG or ScrOG is the direction we are heading.

2. ok..So you got 7' of room to work with.. Im guessing that u could go through veg and flower in 2-3 gallon pots.Those are about 12 inches tall.And you plants wont get more than 1 1/2 ft im guessing. And you want 2-3 ft of room between fixture.im thinking you need roughly 5 1/2ft.

If your buddy is using the HPS for flowering an earlier batch, then just use the MH.It's great for vegative growth.

hope I helped :wave:

3. Thanks for the advice. The closet could be easily reconstructed to give more floor space. Think it would be worth it? My only limit at this time are the lights, not overly concerned about space or security.