What lights would you recomend ?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Dubway, Aug 20, 2011.

1. So to start of i am going to start my first grow shortly, i am going to grow some auto's as they look much more forgiving for a first time grower, and they are pretty quick. So if i get a pack of 5 fem seeds, what do you think i should do ? should a plant all 5, in which case, what lighting would you recomend ? or should i maybe plant 2/3 and use a less powerful light ? ANY advice is VERY welcome.

Thanks for reading :)

2. i would germinate the seeds. if u have room to plant them all then i would do that. if you can afford it get a 400 watt metal halide for vegging and a 400 watt high pressure sodium for flowering, it would be cheaper to get a reflecter lamp that will run both the bulbs but than again since its auto flowering you could just get a high pressure sodium that has the blue spectrum in it instead of getting two bulbs. you can also throw a few cfl's in there i would get a couple daylight cfl's(5000k) and soft white cfls(2700k), just put the cfl's all over if you can, on the sides and below the plant anywhere you want really cuz they dont burn hot, adding cfl's is only optional. buying all that would be expensive tho, if your on a budget get as many as the most powerfull cfls you can afford and put them all over, daylight(5000k) cfl's give off light for growth and soft white(2700k) cfls give off light for budding so just put them both in.

3. 400w HPS would handle that just fine. Thats what I was using till recently and grew 4-5 plants usually each batch.