What lights should I get?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 4twen_t, Jul 10, 2009.

1. So I'm thinking about getting 2 of these. They look great to me. My question is; What reflector should I get? Should I stay with the original one, or get one of the others? Heat is somewhat of a problem, since I'm growing in my attic, so should I get one of the enclosed ones where I can bring the heat straight outside?

Also, can anyone give me a link to a pretty good MH ballast? I'm looking for an MH only ballast as well, like 150w, for my cloning room. I cant find a good (yet fairly cheap) one on HTG. I dont want to spend too much money on that one, since i'm already spending 400+ on the two others.

Thanks guys!:wave:

2. I got that light from them. It's bright as hell.

3. haha yeah, I'm trying to keep price somewhat low. I've already spent....$320. Thats gonna be another 460+ and then I need to get the MH ballast. It will be worth it.:smoke:

4. How big is your growroom, how many plants? Two of those would be good size for a 5x5 or 6x6 area. That light looks decent, digital and all. I'm looking to buy another light and have been trying to find someone who has ordered from them just to make sure that site is legit. The reflector really depends on the size of your grow and how you want the light thrown. And I could be wrong but I've only seen 150w mh or hps that have ballast and reflector built in one piece.

5. From what I hear, those two lights should be enough to cover the 10-13 plants I'm planning on. My grow room is going to be longer than wide...I'm not sure by quite how much yet, as I haven't had the time to get up there and build the floor and figure what I can do.

Also, from everything I hear, HTG is a great site to buy from and a lot of people on here have had great experiences with them.

HTG has 150-175w ballasts for MH, but theyre a bit expensive...I dont know if I want to spring for those quite yet. I might just go with a cheaper flouro tube setup for the clone room.