What lighting types & specs to use for my setup?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 240sxjohny, Nov 16, 2009.

1. First of all my grow room is a small closet enough for two plants, very clean. Now I just want to grow 1 plant to practice. I want to get hid lights and i want to know what specs to use for the MH and HPS for vegging and flowering. or could I use cfls for vegging and hps for flowering, but please tell me the specs, no thread explains the specs well based on different types of set ups thanks alot GC!:smoke:

2. hi there, whatis the size if the closet.. what ventilation does it have and what is your budget???

3. MH for veg will get u the best results. but u can use cfl's i used cfl's forever until i felt like not being lazy and getting a MH bulb. DChydro.com has some good shit on discount right now. 1000 watt MH and 1000 HPS i think was only like 200 with ballast. my suggestion would be start a handfull of seeds under cfls, pick a few best ones, flower those whenever u want. and pick the best FEMALE outa the bunch. if u straight plants just one and its ur first time growing chances of female are guna be slim.

4. wow thanks you guyz are so cool, I will do that I will plant like 3 and yea i probably ise cfls for vegging since im new at this dont want to waste too mauch $:wave:

5. well the size of my closet i dont know but i could give you an idea, its like the size of a mini cooper all around and its like 8ft tall , that i do know. my ventilation is a 12" fan and an ion air purifier:D, and a 12" fan for exust thre a vent in my room. My mom let me grow :rolleyes: isnt she cool.

6. that has really tickled me i just got image of a mini cooper being grown by a hps llooll mini cooper thats great lol. it sounds about the same size of my grow room..
    your mum sounds mint lol i asfor types of light there is a couple of veritations i use.

i use 2x18 watt 24 inch t5 flourescent for the first 2 weeks as i can get the light as low as 1 inch off the tops of the plants wich is perfect for 2 weeks then I switch over to a 400 watt metal halide for the veg period then i switch to a 600 watt hps.. not shore if you know much aboyt hid lighing but the metal halide gives out a blueish light (uvb rays) wich keep them short and bushy and the hps has orange light wich is perfect for fowering as in the wild the sun is more a blue spectrum during the veggative stage and during the flowering stage the sun is more of a orange color.. i would go for the above set up unless you grow mre than 10 plants then id go for 1000 watt mh and 1000 watt hps but then the heat will be hot hot hot.. hope this helps...

7. yes it did it gave me somewhat of a good idea but im thinking for something like 2 plants:cool:

8. im growing 2 with the above setting 400 for veg 600 for flower