what light would be best for me?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by small grower, Apr 6, 2014.

1. I have a 48x24x60 tent. I am looking to buy the light in the next few days. I was wanting opinions from seasoned growers. I was thinking of a 400 watt hps/mh dimmable cool tube. The tube is 26 inches with 6 inch vents. I was also thinking of trying a 4ft x 6 bulb T5 light with 6500k for veg. Then switching to 2100k for flower. The light is 46.85L  X 17W X 4H. I will be just growing 2 plants in a scrog grow. So what  I am asking is, what light would give me the most for my money? I thought the T5 would be good because it would give better coverage over the whole canopy, but I see people dont like T5s for flowering. I know hps would give me bigger and better buds but would the 400 watt cool tube give me enough coverage? I just dont wanna buy a light and have it not be the right setup.any help would be great.

2. 400 watts is fine for that size.  600 would be better. Just make sure you do keep it well ventillated and cool.

3. so the cool tube would work best?

4. another question I have is. Can I use a 6inch duct booster fan just to cool the cool tube? Then use a 4inch inline fan/filter to remove odor?

5. You need to do more than just remove odor and heat.  The plants need to breathe too.  You can probably do with a 4 inch vent if you have a good fan and filter.  The more airflow the better.

6. well I will have 3 vents open at the bottom of the tent. so air flow will be good.

7. Airflow isn't just dependant on the intake vents.  It's dependant on how much air you pull out as well.  You could have fifty vents and if you have a tiny little outlet your plants won't get enough air.