what light for mother and clones

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by leafman, Sep 2, 2009.

1. ok i got a female plant thats around 12-15in high ,i want to take clones and use a cloneing machine for them,now what is the best light for the clones and there mothers ,i have-

400 wat hps

100 watt cfl

150w basking sun glow tight bean lamp for repiles

or just normal 40-60w enegey saveing house lights

what would be the best for 10 clones and there mother?

2. cfl's would work well. You could also get an MH conversion bulb for your HPS light. If your talkin regular incandescants those will not work for cannabis growing.

3. I use my 400 watt hps for my mother plants (2) and when rooting/vegging clones. I stick the clones when rooting in the shade of a mother's bucket so they don't get blasted with light and it's worked pretty well so far.

4. how far way from the mother and clones you have your 400w hps light?

thanks for replys guys.

5. 100 watt cfl would work well if you mean actual watts and not equivalent.

6. would this be ok

150 watt tight beam basking lamp

Attached Files:

7. The light is 12 inches away from the top of my mother plants and my clones (when rooting) are in plastic glasses so add another 10 inches of distance or so to that for them. And again, they are in the shadow of the mother's buckets.

Don't take these distances as gospel for your particular grow, though. It all depends on your grow room, etc. I've had the 400 watter 4 inches away from my plant tops at my previous house because the ventilation was much better. So just play around with the distances for your own particulars to find out the sweet spot for you. ;)

8. Probably not, reptiles like heat and that is likely a big fat heatlamp.

9. #9 Astrey, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2009
    I dont think that heat lamp has any uv light. Regardless I wouldnt keep it out of my garden, unless you want heat probs.