What knives do you have?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Jordan21, Aug 18, 2011.

1. I have a bunch of buck folders and some
    G96. My favorite is my spyderco endura. I keep it in my pocket everyday. I can't wait to skin a deer with it this year.

2. I carry a Kershaw Scallion (frame lock) with me everywhere I go. It's not really big enough to be a defensive knife, but it's useful as hell with every day cutting tasks. I like to keep it sharp enough to shave with.

@OP-- I have owned that S&W knife in the past, and I regret spending money on it. Spend a little more money and get a knife that will last you a while.

3. I will look into better quality knives thanks^ forgot to qoute haha

But I also carry a knive with me everywhere I go. I have never had to use it but I am curious as to if any of you have? Not in everyday stuff but in self defense?

4. I have a few Spydercos, an Emerson, 2 Kershaws, and a couple Gerbers that are all EDC knives. No safe queens.

5. My kershaw is basically surgically attached to my hip

6. #7 PreRunner, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    As long as it's a quality piece of steel, any blade is going to mess someone up.

But anything with a hawkbill blade will do the job especially well.

If you have a VERY strong stomach, google 'knife wounds'.

7. I love my Elk Ridge Full Tang Bowie knife I feel like Rambo

Attached Files:

8. Right her

Attached Files:

9. [​IMG]

CKRT Ignitor

10. im going to order a ka bar from budk
    what do you guys think? worth it.

11. If Ka-Bar still has the same quality they used to it is definitely worth it.

12. 2 of my favorite knives are my 123cc/42'' mcculloch, followed by my 92cc/36'' stihl. They do pretty well.

13. [​IMG]

gerber traverse, this thing is as rust proof as it gets, holds an edge quite well (ive used it a lot over the past month for a large variety of things) as i can still shave with it, and the serrated edge is enough to cut an inch thick branch in one go.

this thing is always on me.

14. Restrictive knife laws in the UK, so I can only carry a little SAK as edc, but could probably get away with a nice locking blade leatherman for work purposes. If I had the money I'd go for a Spyderco UKPK, but as that sort of blade quality isn't essential and I get tools on my SAK I'll just stick with that.

15. Cold steel recon 1

Same knife seal team 6 uses apparently

16. My two most used knifes:

[​IMG]
    (not mine, mine is in olivewood)

and

[​IMG]

17. From the research I've done, it would appear that SEALs are issued a Mark 3 (like a Ka-Bar), Gerber Mark II, or SEAL 2000.

However, it also appears that everyone in the service ends up carrying whatever kind of knife they like. General consensus is that there is no one knife that a branch or even a unit carries.

18. #19 SwichOne, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011
    Never leave home without it....
    [​IMG]

19. [​IMG] my dad got this for me. fucking nice.