What kinda job should I get ?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by incrededibles, Jun 4, 2018.

1. I’d go work at a hospital or the state hospital you’ll get amazing benefits more pay and you’ll be able to feel like your going toward something.
    Working at nursing homes is cool I use to do maintenance for a company called “Avamere.” But those nursing homes are for profit there not there to better ppls lives just collect insurance $.
    I use to go to stand up every morning and it was all about $ there making 15k a month off some of those ppl.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Do they have a frisbee union?

;)

Sorry - had to lol

J

3. Ow

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you're looking for a fun temporary summer job go work at a golf course, you just mow grass all day and do little project work. You're outside, you get to work by yourself alot, and you always yield to golfers so it's pretty slow paced and laid back. I made a career out of it by becoming a superintendent but I liked it so much more when I was just an operator mowing grass every day.

5. Thank you and everyone else contributing! I like the ideas so far. Still brainstorming and looking @ this thread

6. You ever tried to come up with material? Way harder than it looks. If you can do it though it's not a bad life and you're constantly getting that rush from making people laugh...

7. I can come up with pretty funny material. It’s just my social anxiety that would get in the way. Stage fright

8. You gotta try to write something and do an open Mic. Don't let the fear get to you. You never know what you're capable of unless you try...

• Like Like x 1
  9. I’ve always kind ma wanted to

• Like Like x 1
  10. All you gotta do is put together 5 minutes of material and go out and it'll be over before you even know it. If you bomb, oh well. At least you tried.

I have kinda wanted to try that myself but I have a hard time coming up with material that's any good. I kinda think I would bomb but if I was getting booed off the stage I'd be like "Come on guys I haven't even done my bit about pizza yet. You know what? I'm not gonna do it, it's too cheesy." Drop mic, walk off.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hahahaha that’s actually perfect. I have been trying to do what scares me lately. I’m sure there’s some hipster open mic I can go to around Boston

• Like Like x 1
  12. You're from around Boston? I'm on the South Shore.

13. Yeah the Allston area! Been here a year and it’s pretty happening

• Like Like x 1
  14. I don't find myself up North (I think Allston is north of Boston, maybe west) of the city too often. Are you from Mass or did you just recently move here?

• Like Like x 1
  15. I moved here from NY! The dispensaries are pretty wild here

• Like Like x 1
  16. Never been to a dispensary, I don't have a medical card. I heard recreational sales start in July though. I'm not smoking atm though so I'm not too excited about legal weed except for the fact that I know when I do start smoking again I'll be able to just walk into a store and buy some.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I don’t know how I didn’t know recreational sales start in July. That’s awesome

Do you think we’ll ever get cannabis cafes?

18. I'm not 100% sure on recreational starting in July, that's just what I heard.

I did hear something about cafes. That would be sweet, having somewhere to go where you can smoke. Seems like a departure from the way things have been going though since you haven't been able to smoke in a restaurant or bar since I was a kid. I wonder what the price difference will be if you choose to go to a cafe versus a store.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sounds like a great way to meet people to if you ask me! Maybe even better than a bar as long as you’re not couch-locked lmao. I’m guessing the pricing would be pretty similar. Maybe some cheap tiny space cakes

• Like Like x 1