What kinda job should I get ?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by incrededibles, Jun 4, 2018.

1. To make a long story short my last job was in a residential home for disabilities. It was fulfilling but oh so draining with really shitty coworkers and not so good pay. I want to continue in this field but I think I need more time for myself as well as a chance to try other things.

I’m 24 and live in a city. I was wondering if I should maybe get an easy temp job for at least the summer? Food service is so awful and retail is a little boring. It would be really nice if I could make bank too. I love it here but the cost of living is high.

I’d be okay with returning to a residential house job eventually but I’d like to make this time more about me than others. It would be nice if i could find solace in my environment as well. Any ideas for where I should apply? I’ll give more info if asked. Thanks for reading and your suggestions :)

2. Where I live ( Nevada ) produces 60 % of the worlds gold, I worked in open pit mining most my life specialized in Hitachi shovels ,
    Hitachi 8000 Shovel - Bing video
    You can apply online, Newmont mining , Barrick gold Strike .

• Like Like x 3
  3. Become a activities director get high and do crafts with those old ppl.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I want to get high with old people

5. Anymore ideas? I’m really trying to pull myself out of this funk

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. You can make excellent money and keep in shape working a construction job if you might happen to be into that. A lot of folks just don’t wanna go out and bust their ass anymore these days though.
    However, if you don’t mind hard work outdoors you could most likely find a good job in construction.

Anything in particular you’re good at or enjoy?

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hmmm maybe, i don’t like heights though. Always been good at keeping a cool composure in tense situations. I’m good at talking to people. I enjoy watchin movies, playing frisbee and hiking

8. I’m honestly not sure if these items will help land you a job although you never know lol

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

9. You’ve never heard of a mountain frisbee director?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Maybe I should be a stand up comedian. Free drinks at least

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. dazzyballz I saw a documentary on ship building......it was riveting

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Park Ranger, Guide?

:smoke:

13. LOL

14. You sure it was not Plane building

15. Saw that on the new Profile Posts list, helping him build material.
    Planes use rivets too, but many women riveted on the war ships.

:smoke:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Oh them Big Rivets I forgot

17. Well I do love yogi bear

18. Are you interested in going to school to fulfill your goals? If so, take a look at occupational therapy. High pay, I think it takes a Bachelor's Degree, and I think it's along the same line as what you were doing. There's different avenues to it, but one thing is helping people recover from strokes, or helping people with mental illness.

It takes a lot of soul searching to figure out what you want to do. I'll lay out how I figured out what I want to go for. I figured that I wanted the highest pay for the least amount of education. I have a mental disability (nothing pertaining to IQ, more along the lines of social anxiety) so I needed something with more or less limited interaction with people. So, taking these factors and more into consideration, I decided on being an Ultrasound Technician. 2 pseudo-years of pre requisites taking a measly 2 classes a semester, and two years of full time actual curriculum. Now you might say, you want limited personal interaction, why something in the medical field? Well if you think about it, ultrasound technicians have it easy. I can turn most social interactions into "Hey, I'm Clay, I'll be doing your ultrasound today, this gel is going to be a little cold, turn on your side, I'm not qualified to interpret the results of this but I don't see anything out of the norm, alright it's all done, have a good one." and then just talk to the doctor.

So in short, you need to take all the factors required in what you need, and analyze them, and do alot of research, soul searching, and thought. And don't make a mistake, for example, I was considering be a Nurse, until I researched, thought, and realized how much social interaction that would require, and what the requirements of the job actually were. WAY more stress than doing ultrasounds.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Try to get an apprentiship with a trade union. All the trades makes bank where I live. A union painter makes a little over $33/hour! Pipefitters are close to $40/hour!

20. BC569FA6-3DF6-4660-80D7-CB001DF95AAF.jpeg

J

• Like Like x 1