what kinda car should I get?

Discussion in 'General' started by cheachea, Apr 2, 2006.

1. talon: stealth= tt....3000= vr-4, sorry, it bugs me

now that's cleared up, the weight can be lowered greatly by taking of the extras that don't necessarily need to be there if you do some good mod work.... the suspension can be lightened (lots of weight there), the active aero can be ebay'ed (some money to put back in the ride there), insurance isn't TOO bad, i pay $100/mo (or about i pay up front so i forget) for insurance and i've had a speeding, racing, reckless driving charge in the past two years so it's really not too bad... stay away from red....

2. SRT-4 and if your a lazy man buy some intake/exhaust and a .50trim turbo and you'll be pushing insane power

*after minor mods and a .50trim your looking at 400hp/400tq(depending on what you do that number can be up to 500/500 on stock engine internals), get a short throw and your set

3. youre completely right! wtf was i thinking lol :D . oh well, i wouldnt really want to remove anything from my car, i like comfort as much as i like speed. i had to drive a geo metro with a busted window when i was 16 so i realized how important comfort is to me.

4. Ya if I got the srt-4 I was just gonna put mostly the mopar upgrades in it. How fast are 99 m3s? I really wouldn't drive a talon.

5. A bunch of people in the forum (i posted before) added a supercharger, so i figured the car could handle it. Those guys are just about as car crazy as you, but i doubt they did THAT much work. I haven't even considered it for my maxima because I dont have the money.

6. if you want considerable power, make a cheap turbokit, my friend made one for his civic ex, using a hf manifold and adapter plate to fit the turbo. the hardest part is getting your engine to run without overleaning/knocking and cutting fuel.

7. ah mopar, but the big turbos can be sooo fucking fun(get mopar everything else if you want, but get a new turbo boost guage and an 2stage electronic boost controller cause you will need to turn down the pressure in 1st and 2nd, then after your done have it tuned)

8. Ya its pretty much between a 03 ls if I can find a good price or a srt-4. Maximas are really nice car, I love them but they just don't look right hooked up, their just something about them.

9. umm, as far as i know (i've been out of the car game for a quick minute so bare with me), nobody makes aftermarket parts for srt-4s but chrysler corp.... the turbo/intake manifold are one- if i remember correctly. there are different stages of add-ons/upgrades, but to my knowledge, all are mopar made.

10. he wouldnt be able to get registered , insured, and inspected if it werent legal. mass is hard to have illeagal cars. we have inspections every year

11. no i know for sure there more out there then mopar, my uncle has stage 1 mopar parts but everything else is aftermarket and he put down 516whp on the dyno(529tq) after a tune(again)

heres an agp .50 turbo http://www.srtoys.com/agp50trtukit.html

there GT3582R can support 630whp at 40psi :eek:

oh and SRTs arent small, no where near as cramped as a fucking civic

12. lol i literally think u typed all that for nothing

13. for you guys that are talking aout importing cars. it IS possible, but you need to register it as a kit car. it is possible because a few guys here in louisville, kentucky have RHD honda civics (one is registered as a USDM civic DX) and some guy has a Lancer EVO 7, and another has a 22B impreza WRX. look it up on the internet, there are ways around it.

14. im going to vote for a LT1 camaro again