What kind of work environment do you work in?

Discussion in 'General' started by Southeast stoner, Jan 21, 2016.

1. I work in a fish market, that's very open and all the customers can see what your doing and can communicate the whole time. I both love and hate this work environment for various reasons but it sure does beat the hell out of an office job. I couldn't take sitting in a chair in front of computer for 8 hours, I like to keep moving and active, helps the time go by quicker, here's a picture of my work environment, what does your work environment look like?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453396615.585319.jpg

2. Can't tell ya, if I did I would have to kill you... No joke,
    I couldn't deal with the smell of fish all day, my hat is tipped for that but I suppose you get used to it after a while,
    My friend worked on jersey island and there they clean and reuse their medical equipment and that's what he did, he told me some gruesome stories about what he cleaned out of trays.. Nasty

3. I sit staring at a computer monitor most of the day. Customer come up to my window, I help them.

I run a reefer mechanic (yes, reefer mechanic, as in refrigeration lol) shop. I do everything but turn wrenches. Parts, service writing, office management, shipping, receiving, etc.. so I do get away from the computer a lot. Sometimes. Okay, not that often.

The best part of my job, I get to browse the internet all day looking for new and exciting ways to part with my money!! Hell I'm at work right now. LOL

4. I'm not a fan of working at a computer all day but my desk is a standing/sitting type so I can mix it up as much as I want. It's got a little motor and buttons to go up and down. I do planning, development, permitting, and mapping for commercial scale wind and solar projects.

5. Desk, energy drinks, computer, Phone and forums. Yoga ball chair. . . :0P

-Gavin

6. Loud noises,lots of steam &things hissing!
    Even more security passes &checks.
    I would take pics for you guys but its very much not allowed!

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Tobacco retailer essentially..

I get mostly old people either retiree's or over 40yr olds :p

It's nice cause I've been doing this for years now and I know most the regulars by first name. Hell I can tell what I need to do by seeing what car pulls in front :p

Pros: unlimited smoke breaks, I choose when I take my lunch, people are generally interesting cats, and I get to listen to fun music all day and dance and sing and just.. Have fun :p

Cons: slow days are brutal. Like a couple days ago it was really slow.. I made operating cost but I literally only had three customers kinda oddly spread out so by the end I was soooo bored.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453404618.188589.jpg

8. My work enviornment smells of concrete and propane fumes. The sound of the spanish launguage fills my ears.

9. Nice set up man.
    Mellow place to work :)

10. none but im doing a mechanic thing just now at a garage, love the smell of the gas but it gets quite dirty

11. The blue skyjack is my place of work right now and more than likely will be for next 2 years !!
    Exposed to the elements all day long in not so sunny Scotland. Can't beat it work keeps me sane.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453409143.551869.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453409333.582561.jpg

12. same here, if there was anything huge here i would be straight up it

13. I'm awright on the sky Jack things cause there's barriers round about yea, but no so keen on heights like the edge of cliffs n shit like that that have nae protection fuk that for a carry on !

14. Nah man thats the buzz haha.

As weird as this sounds if im @cliff edge or on some precarious height i have an urge to just let myself go lol
    obv im not going to, but deep inside my head that urge is there.hard to describe im prolly just nuts lol

15. it's mainly to do with the view from the edge of a cliff and you can look right down, being in the edge of a cliff or the top of a mountain is amazing

16. Aye a hink your just a crackpot
    Aye that's the bit that gives me the boak !!!

17. Loving the responses everyone, it's cool how diverse everyone's job are and to think stoners work all these essential jobs for life and living, keep up the hard work fellow tokers, I'm glad we're able to show were way past working fast food and sitting on our asses all day. Cheers

18. I understand what boy Damien says, the best way I can describe it is that you feel all the blood going to your legs and you just wonder what it would be like to jump

19. Oh i know whats its like i did a charity jump for mcmillan nurses . Its the expierence of the ground coming to meet you and nothing there to stop it haha!

Hey epin get 5k together& you &me will do the north face of the eiger :)