What kind of water to use, or not use?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by virginharvester, Jun 5, 2007.

1. I am getting tired of buying distilled water but I will keep doing so if I have to. I have a faucet mount filter that supposedly:

"Rated #1 faucet mount water filtration system by a leading consumer magazine

\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\tEliminates up tp 99% of lead in drinking water and removes 99.99% cryptosporidium and giardia

\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\tReduces lead, cysts, chlorine, sediment, rust, bad tastes and odors"

I don't know how to test ph level and not sure I want to. Is it reasonable that this water would be just fine if I let it sit out a day or two before using it to make sure the chlorine evaporates? FWIW, I have no idea if my tap water is hard or soft to start with.

Thanks.

2. You'll be fine with the filtered tap water. I'm lucky enough to have well water myself.

3. yah all my grow sites have creeks and small ponds right beside them, thats exactly the shit i look for when deciding my grow site because fresh water theres nothing like it, to answer your question just fill up a jug the night before you water, after the water leaves the tap overnight chlorine, flouride, and other contaminants like PCBs, THMs, and heavy metals will be gone

4. so well water's good right?

5. Yah it's as good as rain water or better in some regards.