What kind of water should I use?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Noxnoctum, Apr 30, 2010.

1. To soak seeds in overnight before I put them in the wet paper towels?

Tapwater? Bottled water? Distilled water? Does it matter?

2. Honestly, for my seeds, I dont even soak them, and I have a really high germ rate. I put them straight into the wet towels. Re wet them in two days if they dry up and havent cracked. My seeds usually crack in a day or two.

Good luck man

3. Yeah there is really no need to soak them. A way to enhance the paper towel method that has germed 100% for me is to once wet, place in a ziplock bag and put it somewhere dark and warm, (like inside your PC tower). Works like a charm and no need to re-wet as the moisture never escapes.

4. I use distilled for it all. germ, seedling, veg, and flowering.

And I also vote for the "straigt into the wet paper towel" method. I put the seeds between a few pieces of damp paper towels in a glass dish or even tupperware containers. They pop in a few days.

5. short answer: it doesnt matter but distilled is recommended. i would omit the step of soaking seeds.

i find soaking seeds overnight is a waste of time. i hear of people doing this, but i always skip it. it really doesnt matter what kinda water you use for germination, or anything else. however distilled they say is best since it's pure. some people like spring water because of the minerals in it. personally i just use tap or hard water, depending on what one of my houses im at for germination. otherwise i use reverse osmosis for watering because it's cheaper and very close to distilled. my germination method is get a folded paper towel moist, but not the the point where it is dripping water. put it in a zip lock baggie. then place the seeds inside so they are not touching, otherwise the roots may tangle. some people place the seeds in between the folded paper towel however i just put them on top of the towel so it's easier to see when they root. place the baggie in a complete dark area. i prefer an old cereal box or board game. place it in a warmer area. if its colder they may take a bit longer. if done properly, it should take only 2-3 days to see roots. i've used this method for a long time and it has a very high success rate. i hear some people don't like the paper towel method but i never had a problem. just dont let them sit too long or it will grow mold.