what kind of paint?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Foundas, Sep 15, 2003.

1. hey guys, I have painted my rubbermaid box flat white using spays but i have noticed that when you press the plastic a little bit, the paint pops up and cracks in several places.
    The paint, by the way, is suitable for PVC

What kind of paint do you use? Do you use wall paint using a brush instead of sprays?

Thanx

2. you just need a really pliale paint that can flex with the plastic

3. they prob mean it will stick to the hard plastic type that dont flex without the paint reacting with it and melting the plastic.

i have some "rubber paint" i use to light proof plastic, thats black tho, dunno if u can get it in white.

i paint my growroom walls with household flat white paint but i mix in some wood glue, the pvc stuff, that stops the damp getting in my walls.

im thinking the paint u have wud b the best 4 the job. did u prep the box b4 u painted it? sand it all down to give the paint something to hang onto? im guessing that might b ur prob.

4. they sell paint for plastics at walmart $4 a can work good tooo

5. the thing is that the spray can showned that the spray was suitable for PVC. I will try painting the whole box with a brush and use paint for interior walls or something, together with wood glue.

I believe the best material would be silicone but the way to apply it to the box surface, well, that's another issue.

6. ust sand the surfaces like barnaby said, and paint onto that. should work fine

Grasscity Deals Near You