Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What kind of oil to use for moon rocks?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Kdebi, May 25, 2020.

1. Okay so I've never tried moon rocks before because it's just unavailable where I live because marijuana is illegal here. But I would like to try to make my own. I have lbs of quality buds as I grow my own and lots of kief. But I've never dabbled in oils. So what kind of oil can I make at home to soak the buds in before rolling them in the keif? Any advice is a appreciated. I've made edibles many times before either with butter or coconut oil but always using my magical butter machine so if theres anyway to incorporate the MBM into would be nice too but not nessacary.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Look up Butane extraction with PVC pipe. Not the healthiest method but should do the job. You can also just use shake or trim if you still have it.

3. Be VERY careful if you make BHO! Do it outside if you can. Vapors can build up indoors very fast.

Vapors + spark = BOOM! And then things can get really embarrassing! :eek2: :cop:

Four Arrested After Illegal Honey Oil Operation Triggers Explosion, Fire At San Leandro Warehouse - May 7, 2020 Four Arrested After Illegal Honey Oil Operation Triggers Explosion, Fire At San Leandro Warehouse

Also, inhaling burned cooking oil smoke sucks and can be dangerous! So don't even think about using anything from your Magic Butter Machine to soak the buds, attach kief to a joint, dab, or vape with. The canna-butter/ -oil you make with it is good for cooking, not smoking.

Warning: Do Not Vaporize Edible Cannabis Oil. (news – 2014)
    https://beyondchronic.com/2014/09/warning-vaporize-edible-cannabis-oil/

And since you like edibles, check this out-
    BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Granny :wave:

4. Yeah fuck making bho man. Small mistakes and misinformation can be heavily hazardous. Like a 3 foot flame in your kitchen and a slightly burned hand.
    Moon rocks are typically mids or lower end flower,covered in mediocre extract, and rolled in even mediocre keif. It’s a novelty at best that wouldn’t rival just a vowel of top flower and top concentrate

5. 3ft flame for the lightest of mistakes! I've heard of people blowing up their house, with them inside.

6. Roll your buds in some fresh pressed rosin and dust w/kief. Not as exciting as BHO, but fantastic smoke.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ohhh shit I like that idea I've been thinking about buying a rosin press too. I think u sold me on this idea. Thanks everybody for your input and warnings. I'm definitly not trying to blow my house up and I grow organic so I would never want to mix butane or any chemicals in with anything I'm inhaling.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 BrassNwood, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Kief makes really incredible edible oil capsules. :)
    Or just smoke it straight.
    Or mix the two.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes
    5 grams decarbed Kief
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done

1 drop = 3 mg
    Size (0) capsule hold about 25 drops = 83mg sorta.
    [​IMG] Triple batches shown
    15 grams of Kief
    3 tablespoons Coconut oil.
    1.5 teaspoons Lecithin
    Done this way really dials up the bioavailability with the lecithin and makes an ass kicking oil.

[​IMG]
    I've made thousands of these and it just doesn't get any better. Very up beat, get up and go high. At least on me.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    ==================================================================
    Moon rocks shouldn't need to be rolled in anything except the Kief. The buds should be sticky enough with their own resin to hold a nice coating of Kief.
    <- would rather just smoke the Kief.
    [​IMG]
    Take a capsule or two and smoke a bit of Kief to put the finish on the trip.
    :)
    <-- Never really comes down.

It really is quite amazing that these little fuckers hit like a sledgehammer day after day with no fade in their power to knock the Sam Hill fool out of me over and over day in and day out.
    It's like dropping a tab of LSD every damn time.
    It all gets "Shiny" looking with Sparkly Edges to it all and the Music gets so much Richer and Full.
    It's like flipping a switch and I'm "ON"
    Took an RSO version about 40 minutes ago and it's hitting full throttle already.

BNW

9. Haha I'm loving the energy. I've got a few lb harvest coming up soon I'll give those capsules a try with the keif i get from the trim.

10. #11 BrassNwood, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Start with a 1/4 cap (5 drops) or less and wait an hour.
    Double it if not high and wait again.
    Double again and wait again.
    To much of this to fast can be intense as it gets.
    Ask me how I know. LOL and I keep doing it. :) 1 drop of this stuff is to much for my wife. Start small and work up to your happy place. It took me a while to find that sweet place and getting used to the length of the stone is a bit different. Lasts and Lasts and....

I liked it so well I shake 95% of my grow for the Kief now and have gone to a 99% edible delivery. A couple tokes a day if that now. A capsule every 24 hours keeps me Tipped into space and mr pain monster never wakes up.
    It's a fair trade off. Cannabis acts as an excellent pain reliever for my issue with just a slight case of permanent stone. It's a Deal and I'll take !!!

Most everybody that has tried them loves them once they come back down to earth.
    Well my Wife stayed pissed at me for several days after her single drop adventure. She really was way to high and not having fun.

BNW

11. I'm starting to lean that way to I eat it way more them i smoke it anymore. It's becoming to be to harsh on my throat and lungs, and god knows I already breath in enough saw dust at work on a daily basis. I will head your warning and start small I am a light weight when it comes to edibles my girlfriend takes almost double what I take on all the edibles I make.

12. [​IMG]
    Then this is how you need to start with this stuff. 1 drop at a time
    Take 1 drop-Capsule. Wait at least 1 hour
    If not stoned take 2 more and wait again
    If still not stoned take 4 more and wait again.
    Continue double and waiting until it works. Although in your case not many I'm guessing. :)
    While slow this is the safe and sane way to find your personal dose of this stuff. Once you know then it's easy to make up what suits you. When I was making them for friends with cancers 6 drops was the most common dose it seems.

I'd send out an initial jar of 1 drop capsules and they'd tell me a week or so later how many was good and I'd then make up a jar of 6's to order.

BNW

13. Gotcha I'll be sure to let you know how it goes or of I have any questions. Thanks for all the info now its just a waiting game for harvest!!!

• Like Like x 1