What kind of light do I need?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HanShotFirstx, Jan 31, 2016.

1. I just bought 2 clones, how many lights do I need or what size would suffice?
    Thanks.

2. I'd say one good 600w HID should be good

Sent from my LG-H343 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. i grew five no problem on a 600 watt hid.

4. #5 killset, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016
    There's a ton of answers to your question. It totally depends on you and your grow space

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  5. True and don't forget a 600 watt hid is probably going to require an exhaust fan to remove the heat. I'm a fan of the 600 watt hid for the 4x4 square's i use. I think a 400 watt will handle two plants no problem but if you can handle the heat issues the 600 will still make the plants grow bigger.

6. I got two 600 watt Solis tek ballasts dialed down to 400 each/ 800 total above 2 plants in a 2x4....its all about ventilation. I can handle both of them at 600 in there too

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. Right now, assuming they are just a few inches tall, you could set up a 20w CFL a couple of inches above each of them to keep them healthy whilst you sort out your set up.

What's your set up going to be? You can grow your plants to any size you want. Figure out the area that you need covering and check out this table a put together a while back. It will give you a rough idea on what lights to use for the size of your area

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  8. Excellent chart GG!

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. #10 GoldGrower, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016
    Thanks man, I made it a couple of years ago but very rarely get to use it

• Like Like x 1
  10. Saved that chart! Thanks Gold!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1

11. How do you go about saving the chart Dr. Baskin? LOL I would like to keep a copy of it too. TWW

12. I'm on my mobile, I tapped the image and saved it to my gallery. If you are on a computer try to right click and save as an image/pdf

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks for the help folks!

• Like Like x 1