What kind of light cycle do autos need?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OddSkeleton, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Is it the same as regular plants?

2. pretty much, you can run it on a 12/12 through its whole life cycle i believe, i could be wrong though. What kind of auto are you planning to grow?

3. Some say 20/4 is optimal for autos...I have two going that were on 24/0 for the first 7 weeks and are finishing out under 12/12 only because they are in with some photoperiod strains also.

Run em somewhere in the very long light and very short dark range the whole way through.

4. just realized you can't clone these bad boys so I'm going to go with some regular seeds

thanks all the same

5. #6 isurecannibis, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2011

very nice lol, i was thinking about ordering those myself. But 12/12 should work out, or even 18/6. Once you start are you going to be making a grow journal?

EDIT: nvm, but i have seen some autos that you can clone, ill link you if i remember

6. Good choice. If you're growing indoors, I would never bother with an auto. They're only benefit is that they can flower under any light cycle so they can harvest early outdoors, but indoors you can make any plant flower early.

7. Actually you can clone auto's but, the clones will finish the same time as the mother plant they were cloned from.

As always, the more light the better with plants. Most auto growers use a 20/4 light cycle.
    I would say if you went with a 24/0 cycle for the first three weeks of veg and changed to 20/4 for flowering you would increase the yield as long as everything is optimal.

8. Ive been on 24/0 my whole grow under t-5s. There 19" tall i got about 10 days or so till harvest.put them in a big pot. I have them in 2 gallon smart pot but i think they would get bigger in 5 gallon pots.

9. You might consider grabbing a couple of autos as well as photos...If you plan on doing like a 30-45 day veg on your photoperiod strains, you could throw a couple autos in there, keep them small and have something that finishes a little early while you're salivating over the rest of the crop.

All depends on the space and the goal though I guess...

10. I like this idea... about how long does it take for an autoflower to finish? and how long would it take for that 30-45 day veg to finish? I'm just trying to think of ideas

11. Auto = 60-80 days (can be more)

Photoperiod w/ 30 = 86 - 114 days

Photoperiod w/ 45 = 101 - 129 days

Very, very roughly you are looking at having something done a little over half to two thirds of the way through, all depending...My two autos are I think 2-3 weeks out while everything else still has the whole flowering cycle to go.

12. That is a brilliant idea lol. Have the autos like a little "snack" before the photos

13. How'z that one go about the dog and the sun's ass?