What kind of LED Lights should I get?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by cozyboytro, Apr 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Hey everyone! I just joined the site and have been recently thinking about growing since I've gotten my own place now and would like to make a small indoor setup that could fit 2-3 maybe 4 plants. I was thinking about going with an LED light setup and wouldn't mind investing for a quality product that I could use for the long term. I have no idea on about any of the LED brands or different types of LED lights so do any of you who have some experience have any recommendations on lights or companies that I should look into? Also If I wanted to grow only 2-3 plants how big of a tent should I get and how strong lights should I get. I really don't plan on going past 3 plants.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Do a 4x2 with a mars sp250 be good for 2 3 plants also look into MIGRO on utube he reviews lights with real data good luck

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. thank you!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I consider a 2x2 tent enough for one good size plant. So a 2x4 would get you two good size plants, or three decent plants if you plan right...

From there you get into 3x3 or 4x4, lots of options. 2x4 is a good starter size.

Same goes for lights, lots of lights out there that are made for a 2x4 grow area.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Personally, im not a fan of mars. You can get twice the value if you build your own (which is simple).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Viparspectra I’ve been really happy with abs a good warranty.
    P2500 or p4000 make some great buds
    74BF1E2C-88D7-4BE2-895A-A153D24392EC.jpeg

7. My first LED was a cheap Chinese made light but guess what it got the job done. It performed so well that I bought a second one. By the end of the second year I started having problems with one of the fans on one of the lights but I finished out that grow with those 2 cheap lights . I believe they were Blackstar's.
    I did upgrade to a California light works product it was well made and performed great but i kept the 2 Blackstar's for backups. Most recently I purchased 2 platinum series led lights. They also were well made and did the job . The CLW light and the platinum series lights claimed they had great customer service and both companies had good warranty coverage but I never had an issue with their products so I never had the need to varify their claims. I do believe you get what you pay for but my advice is get what you can afford
    And get started growing .

• Like Like x 3