Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What kind of jar to stash in?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Ragekai, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Specifically?

I currently have my stash in an olive jar i washed out.

Upgrade? :D

2. I have a tight-vac.

I think it worked well at first...but now I cant help but feel that it leaks air. I've had some crispity, crackley, crunchity buds lately.

3. Mason jar. Its airtight and all around goodness. Anything made by Ball is good.

[​IMG]

4. Ah, so this is much better than this type of jar I'm currently using: ?

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/990/5109647.JPG

That link is to a pic of a jar similar to what im using now..

5. Yeah, yours has a one piece lid which seals alright, but its not air tight. The mason jars got a 2 piece lid and seals nicely. Also, they make 2 sizes that I know about, small and big and the big one is most likely way bigger than what your using so you can store alot of buds. :smoke:

6. The most ill ever have at one time is an 1/8th anyway..

7. Get the small one then, it holds about 12-14 grams.

8. illl look into it

9. haha....my friend made me this stash jar out of an axe can and airtight pill bottle....no one would notice if they didnt know.....and the buds stay nice and juicy

10. I use a pill bottle.

11. Does a pill bottle work good..what kind?

12. pill bottles work alright, theyre not completely airtight but they work pretty good, i have a mason jar very similar to this, this thing is great, when u close the jar u can hear the lid push out air to make it air tight, u can get them at walmart for like 5 bux, not that specific jar but close to that

Attached Files:

13. yeah, medicine containers work the best.

14. I have some weed in an old film case right now.

I have a pickle jar that's waiting to be filled with some goodies that I have yet to acquire.

15. I keep premo dank leaves for hash in the spiral jar, mids and low dank in the airvac

[​IMG]

and my headies go in this

[​IMG]

16. My Jar, love it! I only smoke 2-3 times a week so I needed something of superior quality and this jar has done the trick, I am getting ready to order another one as we speak.

[​IMG]

17. Not really they are not bad but by no means the best, if money is an problem use a mason jar.

18. Get a small jar of wylers bouilon (sp?)

empty the cubes and put up to a half in there, really amount friendly.

you wouldn't want to just put like an eighth in a mason jar you lose alot of kief on the sides.

19. I use a tubaware container.

20. it depends on how much bud you need to hold...
    if you have an oz to yourself, then get a mason jar.
    if you have like and 8th or less, pill bottle