What kind of eggs are these?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sbga420, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Went to lollipop my plants and found these little white balls everywhere. They are all towards the top of the plant and mostly on the stems. When I touch them they crumble which made me think they could be little pieces of perlite but they seem to uniform. One out of my 4 plants has it everywhere... then just a couple on another one. I have no sign of spider mite damage and see no mites what so ever, and I've battled them before so I know what to look for. What could this be? I just flipped into 12/12 exactly 1 week ago and I don't have any buds forming yet. Can I / Should I spray with Azamax (Thats the only thing I have right now) ?[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. much to large for mite eggs, but those are def some type of insect egg, the hell though ive not see eggs that big on indoor plants. I'm honestly at a loss but if ur still only a week into flower id treat with neem or pyrethrin....or if u can gt it green cleaner as it kills eggs and live insects

• Like Like x 1
  3. I contacted the U.S. department of Agriculture and they said that those eggs are too small to be farm fresh.

4. actually farm fresh eggs can be small , med ,large or extra large
    farm fresh does not refer to the size of the egg

5. Think they could be scales/barnacle insects? Would they crumble apart though?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I contacted them again with the pic from OP, and they said that those eggs did not come from a farm.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Is this site mostly trolls or what

• Like Like x 1
  8. Don't look like eggs. Looks like oyster scale. Pictures aren't really good quality.

9. What's a troll

10. Trolls are so cute!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Those are hatched russet mite eggs to be exact. They won't start to inflict damage until they leave the larvae stage then they will explode in population. Buy some cold pressed neem oil and spray twice a week for three weeks put a lawyer of food grade DE on the top layer of soil. That should knock those little fuck out before they start!

happy growing

12. That's Scale... it can be controlled a couple different ways, but neem is prolly your best bet. I just pick them off with my fingers as I see them.