What kind of bug pods are under these leaves and how can I treat them?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dvlofaustin, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Please help!

1.jpeg

2. Aphids and that's a pretty bad infestation. You in flower or veg?

• Like Like x 1
  3. veg thankfully

4. they are greenfly (aphids) easy to get rid of use a product like Spinosad .mac,

PS spinosad will also kill spiders mite as well ,if you ever get them

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. If possible take them outside and hose most of them off and then like mac said spinosad make sure to spray under every leaf

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I found Bonide-Captain-Jack-s-32-fl-oz-Natural-Garden-Insect-Killer would this work? Its like a 32oz spray bottle. Do I need to further dilute?

7. TY so much! for replying so quick. The plant is only about a foot tall so at least there's not to much coverage area. I also read adding a humidifier would help?

8. Can I add potatoes slices or egg shells to the top of the soil?

9. yep cpt jacks contains spinosad so it ok ,,,,it organic too ,,,mac,

• Like Like x 1
  10. They didn't have the liquid only the powder. Same brand Captain Jacks. How should I apply the stuff or should I get the liquid version? What I bought: Captain Jacks Deadbug Flower and Vegetable Garden Dust)

11. Aphids. Simply the best there is. Spray ur plants with this every other day until they are under control 20201017_151057~2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have not used Lost Coast before, but I have a sample bottle from them. I got it too late to try it this year. Have you used it? Seemed kind of expensive for something that can be killed with a little soapy water.

Fanman

13. I use it every 3 days. I had hoppers and aphids. Had that is 20201102_061440.jpg 20201102_061401.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. soapy water dont kill aphids( as far as i knowI it just washes them off the plant ....so they could stiill get on to plants,,mac,

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hey Mr mac!! Man I cant tell how well thr lost coast works. I believe u can duplicate it. It also says u can add iso too for extra help. So I had hoppers 1st time ever. Aphids too. Plus one planr had a pm spot it looked like. So lost coast is very mellow. I had a great grower swears it kills pm. Anyways hope all is well. 20201101_070337.jpg 20201017_151057~2.jpg 20201031_074333.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. hi @Papa Puff ..yep i know it does mate ,,bhut lucky for me ive never had trouble with Aphids cuz i grow inside ,,i dread more the nasty spider mites ,,but again ive been lucky only had the s,mites once in 20 years or more growing inside .....
    any how Papa hows things going with this bloody virus ,got a lockdown in UK ,,not that i'am bothered ive got me weed jarred up and cupboard full of cider ,,,so i am in a happy place...mac,

17. Soapy water covers the way aphids breath. Yes it kills them, are there better things, yes. It also does not control some of the other things that Lost Coast kills. At almost $40 for twelve ounces it is kind of expensive. Looking forward to trying my sample bottle next year. I grow outside and have battled aphids using several products and they are relatively easy to control.
    Thanks
    Fanman

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. #20 mactheman, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    hi there Fanman yea i wasn't to sure about soapy water killing Aphids ..all knew was it washed them from the leaves so thanks for letting me know about how it affects the way they breath,,,,mac,,

• Like Like x 1