What Keeps Ringing in My Pocket

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by larceny, May 2, 2010.

1. #1 larceny, May 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2010
    What Cellphone does everyone use.

Just upgraded to my first Android phone

HTC Incredible on Verizon
    [​IMG]

**please keep it civil**

2. Xenon. Its a pretty good phone, the lock button doesn't work anymore tho. But it survived me jumping in the pool with it in my pocket...only thing that got messed up from that was the battery. And i drop it about every other second and its still going pretty strong lol

3. im also curious, curently due for an upgrade for verizon. Not sure what phone i wanna get, i have also been thinkin bout goin to at&t for the iphone.

So if you could write a lil review or at least your opinions on the phone you got that would be sweeeeeett:hello:

4. I'm using a Droid, androids OS is amazing.

5. shitty Voyager with a broken hinge. gotta get a new one

6. I got the Blackberry Curve 8320. I want to update though. Maybe the new blackberry curve, or an HTC. Something cool, and easy to use. And something with FREE internet service. Unlike blackberry. I have t-mobile any suggestions?

7. A "burn phone"

[​IMG]

8. iPhone, but I'm thinking switching soon, need a phone much more open ended.

9. i haven't had a cell for a few months. i really need one, i'm losing contact with a lot of people.

10. what dont u like about the iphone? It seems its pretty popular to jailbreak it, people say its the only way to fully experience the iphone or whatever, have u done that to yours?

11. nvm 5char

12. I dont think there are any carriers with free internet...

I would be screwed without my Droid and 3G, tethering that to my computer is the only way I can get internet.

13. Broke my enV touch so I got this phone comin' in the mail.

Should be here by tuesday.

[​IMG]

Simple is nice:)

14. I upgraded to the newest version so I can't upgrade yet. I love my iPhone and have to stay with it for years (well I can sell it, but I want to keep it). I guess I want another one in the far future just to be different and I love the idea of open software so Google's Android platform is perfect.

15. verizon enV3.

piece of shit.

16. #16 larceny, May 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2010

my list

Pros
    Integrated Email/Social Networks
    Browser is lightning
    Endless Customization
    very fast/responsive (1Ghz Proc)
    looks badass
    7 customizable home screens
    integrated Widgets/Progs( multi-tasking)
    3.7 in screen is gorgeous
    8mp Camera
    Processor/Memory
    Android 2.1 with sense
    Leap
    lightweight

Cons
    Thin
    Android OS goes on forever( requires task killer)
    Multi touch inferior to iPhone but still very good
    Plasticky
    Battery Life (requires a power manger)
    No HD video

regardless of the pros/cons NO phone will ever be perfect so the best advice i can give is NEVER buy a phone based on someones opinion. Go to the store play with the phone see if it meets your daily needs.

17. envy 3 verizon .... flashed with cricket unlimited service

18. Absolutely. I hate this fucking thing.

The first one I had was perfect, but I've since gone through two more with the warranty and want nothing more than to get something else. Then again, this happens whenever I try to get something that is more than just a simple cell phone.

I want my old Nokia Brick back. Not even kidding.

[​IMG]

19. #19 Neromatic, May 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2010
    Blackberry Storm. Biggest. Piece. Of. Shit. Ever.

I've been counting the days until I can replace this thing since December 2008. 6 more months to go. Verizon should give me my next phone for free for putting up with this bullshit for so long.

20. Seriously just call CS and tell them your phone has been acting up your not happy with it.Your losing business from dropped calls blah blah blah and if you can convince them you will terminate they MIGHT be willing to help you move your upgrade date.

[​IMG]