What I've learned from my first serious grow (so far)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Zerotheory, Jun 19, 2010.

1. This is posted in the hopes others can learn from my mistakes as I am now learning from them.

Ph checking is important!
    Had a low ph problem that lead to nute lock. Check the ph of your water, and the run off.

Miracle grow soil (time release nutes) sucks!
    Don't make the mistake I did in using this. Sure it works great for most house plants but ganja not so much.

More light = more bud!
    Nuff said.

CFLs aren't so bad!
    If you're on a budget and can't get the HIDs with fans, venting and all that expensive equipment CFLs really aren't that terrible.

patience patience patience!
    This could be one of the hardest of all. This hobby takes lots of patience.

Feel free to follow up with some of the tips you learned from your first serious grow. What setbacks did you encounter and how did you resolve them?

2. i had all the same problems. seemingly wasted a bunch of money, but it can't really be "wasted" if the mistakes were learned from. all i did was get better shit to use, and A LOT more knowledgeable in the way i've been using things. the real truth is you can grow pot for next to nothing, but most people don't want to get 5 grams. to get what most of us "want" (goals vary from person to person) you have to shell out some cash for the right tools.