What it be beneficial and healthy to go on a just fried onions and water diet.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by TheLastRebel, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am 18, male and trying to lose weight.

To do so recently, i have been cutting down of food and drinking lots more water, even more then i already did.  Corresponding with this, i also been going on runs almost every day or every other day, i try to go at least 2m a day and am going to build this up a kilometer every day or at least try to, i have already seen results.

I am really slimming up, but i also thinking i am losing alot of my upper body muscles, that i had worked with my jumprope and heavy lifting routine i used to balance out in highschool. But now that i am in college i want to really lose my belly and ribs, as well my pec fac, the heavy lifting can go on hold for right now.

So if i were to go on nothing but, a fried onion, water diet see a really good proportion of weight lost, if i worked it into my routine of running, would i see a significt weight loss?

I am 6'3 205 pounds i want to trim up a bit, would this be a good idea?

2. can i ask you out of all things you could eat why these two

3. Whats wrong with that combo?

4. i'm just asking why lol are there beneficial facts for it? anyway

you'll lose WEIGHT because you'll be well under your daily calorie intake needs .. 3500 cals = 1 pound
    and a fried onion is like 200 cals. however many times you'll eat that in a day.

if you were to eat 3 snickers bars a day, you'll still lose weight.
    but you'll gain it all back and maybe more once you start eating regularly again .

hmmm but let's see the cons of this diet ...
    you will lack energy
    you will feel like shit
    you'll start questioning what you're doing with your life
    etc

just eat healthy, decrease your portions, workout, do high intensity intervals (gr8 for fat burning), don't drink your cals . 

it might take a while but no extreme diet will do shit. no secret pills or secret diet either.

it's all about eating healthy n exercising 

5. Yeah you will lose weight just eating that. General rule of thumb is anything to the extreme is hard to maintain. I feel like only eating onions is something to the extreme. Just eat clean and don't over eat. By eating clean I mean only eat things that a cave man back in the day would have access too.

6. You're gonna end up binging.

You have no carbohydrates or protein and your muscles will suffer more.

I don't think 6'3" at 205 is even fat... I'm 6'1.5" and I'm 205.

7. i am not so much fat my friend, but i need to tone, ive lost a shit ton of weight, but now i am stuck with this like flabby leftover stuff.

8. #10 HighFoSho, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013

Exactly ! When are people going to understand that their are no secret diets, no silver bullets, no magic tricks !

It's just exactly like Suplove said > Diet and Exercise !

I was an obese, completely out of shape, total health wreck, most of my life.

4 years ago I decided I was going to change everything about my diet and exercise... from zero, to extreme.
    Since then I've lost 130 lbs of fat, and put on 45 lbs of lean muscle. I'm now 6ft, 220@12%BF.

I eat TONS of lean meats, mostly chicken and pork, some fish, red meat about once every 10-12 days.
    TONS of fruits and veggies, nuts, peanut butter, Silk Soy milk, beans.... and a very tightly controlled portion of oatmeal, every day (my only grain)

I eat zero bread, pasta, rice, potatos, dairy... zero fast food or candy, and very little of anything processed and packaged.....

Yet I still manage to pack down 4000-5000 cals a day :) Break even at about 4300.

Diet and exercise... no.. wait... what I really mean to say is, diet and exercise.

I will never be obese again. Are you kidding me ? 4 yrs in, and I'm still only thinking about "more muscle mass" and less fat  :)

9. no, that's a really bad idea. you need nutrients beyond what you can get out of an onion.

first, if you are really serious about this, get some real measurements of your body fat vs muscle ratio.
    at least you'll know what to do.. for example lose 10lbs of fat, add 5lbs of muscle.

you need adjust what you eat accordingly. if you eat healthy, organic, natural foods you'll stay lean. you'll need to consume more *good* calories from those same natural sources to bulk up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.