What is...

Discussion in 'General' started by CLKWRK, Jul 8, 2012.

1. "Insane" to you?

Not in the " people who do this are insane" kinda way.

But Mentally Insane.

What do you see as being definitively insane? Is being insane a possible good thing ( for the self) Or is it more of a burden?

Why do people seem to avoid "insane" people? What determines "insane" to the general public?

As for myself. I'm not sure what exactly can be considered "insane" Seeing as how everyone has their own way of observing the world around them. Everyone has different methods. Some people might be a bit more evolved than others. Some might have been born with a mental "disorder"

I think people tend to avoid "Insane" folk, is because of their outlook. They can't relate to it. Humans tend to be scared of the unknown. Whats more unknown then having been explained something, and still not being able to understand it?

I don't think you can really "determine" "insane" I would agree you can speculate on it. But to say for a fact, "they are insane" does not make sense to me. How can you prove that what they experience on a daily basis isn't real? Because you don't go through it? Does that mean that since i can smell something from a house I lived in 8 years ago, it's not real, and I am therefore "insane"

No. The simple justification of not being able to experience it also, does not mean the person in question is "insane" It simply means, they experienced something you have not. Weather people veiw it as real or not, is aside from the question. What the mind creates is as real as the grass in your yard.

2. there is no such thing, it's just an old and outdated word from when people didn't understand mental disorders.

3. I dont think anyone is Insane, somme people are crazy with beliefs and what not but...

to me insane is running down the street naked yelling its the end of the world...while being sober that is.

Good post though, makes you think what insane really is...and to me insane is very high up thier. I would say im crazy but nowhere close to insane.

4. i definitely agree:cool:

5. Anyone with zero judgment.

6. Reality is only what the beholder thinks of it. There is no "normal" or "insane".