what is your "settle down" age?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by MariJane402, Jul 11, 2011.

1. if you already are with the one you love, when did you finally commit fully?

and if you haven't found that person yet, what age do you want to by?

idk what mine would be...maybe before i'm 30? like late twenties...

2. 30 maybe. I found her, she wants to marry earlier, but I just don't see myself raising kids in my twenties! I mean, damn we're in our twenty's already, let's act like young adults and FUCKING RAGE!! Hahaha, nah but at least wait until we get a little older yaknow?

3. I wouldn't want to get married until after college,and had my career going for a few years. I wouldn't want to have kids until...I was 30. I wouldn't want to do any of it until we were both financially secure.

4. well my parents got married in their early twenties but now, in their forties, have grown into 2 different people and have completely different outlooks on life. Needless to say they are on the road to divorce and I have learned one of the greatest lesons to happiness in my life and that is I will never marry until about 30. The reason is that I don't believe one knows who they truly are until then. Plus you will have yourself established with a good education and steady job before you take the responsibilit of others depending on you (kids also)

5. Probably once i hit 30. Once i see my physical appearance decay before my eyes. My knees are already hurting. Fuckkk

Mainly because i want to raise a kid. Cant fucking wait to either. A genius he/she will be

6. 65 at the earliest. I'll settle for a gold digger, but only if she changes my diapers.

7. I dont believe in settling down, fuck that!

8. hah at this point, it isn't important.

9. Ideally, I won't settle down. I have no interest in marriage or children.

10. Are you talking about marriage? If I do get married, it will never have a time line - It shouldn't be rushed. The same goes for a serious relationship.

If I'm 38, 40.. Whatever. Never rush something good.

11. I don't ever really want to "settle down." I want to travel, and work in different countries. I don't even really want my own kids. If I did decide to live in one place for awhile and I wanted children, I would adopt.

12. You can't set an age, or other conditions for 'settling down'... it just happens...

Like, when an apple is ripe, it ripes.

You can't slow it down, or speed it up, it ripes when it's time.

13. Whenever love finds me is when i will settle down. It may be early in love or it may be later. No rush, enjoy life while you can :)

14. Like most people I'm gonna say 30 too.

I'm 28 now. Thinking about moving in with my gf soon. I dont know when/if we'll get "married". But I consider living with her, having a place with her, settling down to me.

Also, I wanna have kids around 30-32. Most of my friends have kids now, and I would be lieing if I didn't feel the itch to start having kids. Before all my life I used to dread getting a girl pregnant like the black plague, now I'm starting to think about having kids soon lol.

15. I will never "settle"

What the fuck is the point of marriage if you dont absolutely positively love that person and want to be with them the rest of your fucking life...

16. I got married at 30. Immediately had my first child, but I didn't 'settle' until the second child.

17. these days? i dont know, death? maybe
    it'd take something crazy happening,
    life change or some shit :laughing: yeaaah right

18. yea i never wanna have kids...if i ever did i'd adopt.

idk, just wondering what people call their limit. right now im limitless, though :)

19. who knows... it takes finding the right person, at the right time, at the right place in your life, and you have to want to, also, it has to be mutual, lots of variables, can't just choose when really. for some, it isn't really a viable option in their lives and yet others just prefer to wing it, going with the flow is all you can do, no matter what you want. if i haven't found it by the time i'm a hundred then i haven't. that's how i see it anyways, ask me a year, two, or three ago, you'd get different answers, at any point in the future, you'll get different answers lol. everything changes. run with what you have and be happy. : )

20. I don't think I have a "settle down age". I don't really believe in marriage but I suppose that could change somewhere down the line. I mean I'm open to a long-term relationship but I can't envision myself getting married.
    I can't even fathom having kids at this point. It's hard for me to imagine that one day I will have a child, calling me "Dad". Seems so strange for me to think about.
    But, of course, this could all change any day.