What is your purpose in life?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by BigMoose, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Do you know what your purpose is in life? Have you figured it out? Post here if you have :wave:

and I havent. That is why I want to hear yours...

2. Well, top priority is to enjoy myself. The way I see myself doing that is by helping other people and being financially secure enough to follow whatever interests I develop, be that a family or owning a boat or whatever I think will make me happy. I hope to make both of these possible by becoming a doctor. I can't imagine spending my working life doing anything other than healing people.

3. All one can do is give themselves a purpose for life. I wont do this untill i figure out the purpose. After all who am i to tell myself the purpose? I cant, i would be making up a lie. So my default purpose in life becomes trying to find the purpose in life. This may not make sense but picture a dog chasing his tail around in circles.

4. To ascend towards Henosis as far as is possible in this incarnation, and learn the Greater Mysteries that cannot be understood through mere intellect. Everything else is secondary.

5. ... I like that!

6. To create a purpose.

7. I never thought I would live in a different country other than Japan. I have been living here now in the US for 5 years and love living here..and will soon call it "home" here. Although I will always wear my Japanese pride on my sleeve, so-to-speak..But it's the star spangled banner I wave on my front porch now. My purpose has been fulfilled and i'm doing exactly as I set out to do when I came to this country. Not a whole lot of people can say that let alone be capable of doing it.

8. Ultimately, to be happy and be the best person I can be. The thing i enjoy most in life is snowboarding, and other sports/activities that make your heart beat fast:D. I also try to be a friendlier and more caring person to make others lives better.

9. What is my purpose in life?

Well, I don't have any purpose, but life does.

10. I hope To achieve oldness. If pot is legalized while I'm alive I want to open a club/restaurant that you can smoke in. Who wouldnt want to smoke some fine bud while eating food prepared professionaly, plus while at the club you can look for someone to invite to dinnner and smoke with.:hello:

11. To live as nature intended.

12. To encourage reverence for life.

13. To be great in my own eyes. Mostly to master my drawing and painting skills.. and to do things that I love to do.. because I feel so limited right now.

14. To live free.

15. im still searching.but i know its to help others

16. To change the world :smoke:

17. i don't know :confused:

...love everyone, and die with a smile on my face - thats the best i can come up with now.

18. just livin' life and see where it takes me...my life purpose :)

19. My life purpose:

To find purpose for my life

20. Man you should'nt try to find a purpose, you will just get frustrated and will effect your enjoyment in life. just live it,do what you believe in doing, have no reason to have regrets and trying to make a change can surely be a strong purpose in life.