what is your profession?

Discussion in 'General' started by LyingUnderOath, May 2, 2012.

1. #41 nascarfan, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
    I'm a professional boss :cool:, no seriously I just got promoted like 3 weeks ago lol. I basically run a little local, small time eatery. The owner and Manager are never on site, so the Supervisors run everything.

.....Like a boss. Some of us boss harder than others however :devious:

And if I ever find the means to finish my degree (my family fell upon emotional and financial hardship after my grandmother's death), I'll be a translator or ESL teacher one of these days.

2. Currently a college student working towards an anthropology degree. I either want to go the medical route with the degree and work in a hospital setting, or get lucky and become a curator at a natural history museum.

I've also considered changing my major to English, getting my TESOL/ESL certificate, and teaching English abroad. Both career paths are ideal for me and I really hope I land the job I want in the future.

3. student/retail staff/food and beverages staff

4. Student(computer programming)/investor/over night stalker er I mean stocker <_< >_> yeah.

5. University student/ cashier

6. I teach at a vo-tech...

Sparking up in the evening is mandatory...

7. I go to this establishment almost every day and sit in a room for hours with other people as we're given information from a higher level. Sometimes we are assigned work, sometimes we aren't. After the hours have finished, I go to another room for a few more hours, getting a different set of information. The possibility of work all depends. After that, I am released and I head home with or without extra work, then anticipate the cycle to continue tomorrow.

The job fucking sucks ass, man, and I'm not even getting paid. I'M paying those motherfuckers! It's called 'college'; what a stupid name, right?

8. I work at a transmission shop.

9. I have a lot of respect for housewives and I'd never look down on any of you and I mean that in the most sincere way possible.
    :wave:

It's just not for me.

It's funny though, because I feel like some women (and men!) look down on me when I say, I wouldn't stay at home. Some are even shocked when I say if I have kids, I'll be a career mam.

I think us women need to stop worrying about what OTHER women choose to do with their lives and stop judging other women's choices harshly.
    We all have different values, different family needs and different finical situations.

/Endrant

I'm currently studying towards getting my MA in video game design :smoke:
    I have a part time job in a sports stadium bar.

10. I'm a graphic designer. I'm currently working in-house and an NGO and doing freelance work on the side.

11. Ya don't say?

I just got a job at a bakery being a baker lool.

But thats not my profession, I'm still in school for that

12. God Bless ya:).
    I'm a line cook.

13. I own a custom cabinetry and furniture studio. With hours upon hours of repetitive shit like sanding is involved, a little smoke is a must. But even better when it comes to the more creative and artistic elements like carvings and design. There is just nothing in the world that I would rather do. :love:

14. Wow lots of different career paths here. I'm a farmer. I run a crop and beef, and soon to be dairy farm. Its a medium family owned operation but i'm my own boss and I like it that way.

15. Wow, I'm glad to hear about all these different careers! I wish you all well!

16. $35/hr is decent but $13? I'd be looking for a new job.
    Union sheet metal worker here. about %55/hr total package, about $35/hr on the check.
    Also a business owner, general contracting. Shit, my bills alone cost me about $18/hr

17. Nice.

What kind of writing?

18. Right now I work as a Food Service Worker in a retirement home. Want to take Certified Nurse Aide classes. Then do college courses and become a Registered Nurse (Male nurses for the win bitch)

19. Im going to school to become a journalist. Preferably something in the political forum, but if not, maybe something in the music or video game industry.