What is your music?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Gothkid_420, Jun 3, 2003.

?

What do you listen to when your high?

1. Heavy metal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Slow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. techno/ttrippy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. what music do you listen to when your high??
    i listen to heavy metal/rock
    how about you?

2. I love Nirvana, Korn, and Slipknot type stuff just as much as I love Tech N9ne, Eminem, and some other rappers.

3. I listen to a lot of reggae when stoned. Sometimes I listen to techno or various kinds of rock and metal. Other times I listen to classic rock.

4. wheres the punk?

5. anything that 'moves' me....

7. i'm most probably have to be rap if i have 2 picked 1, but i also listen to drum and bass, ukgarage and r'n'b

8. Go to www.live365.com and plug your headphones into your sound card. Sit back and enjoy the sound!! My favorite station is HaLLuCiNoGeNiC.
    It doesn't fry your brain...it expands the mind!

10. I've said it before and I'll say it many more times yet...

Metal is the way forward.

11. metal is a way backwards actually if u think about it.

electronica is a way forward

;) :p

12. Electronic music is a way to the future yes, but there's allready stiffness to be seen in the genre, the same stuff done over and over again with just slightly different sounds or dropped BPMs, I like a lot of electronic music (not just techn0) but I do like a lot of "non-electronic" music such as metal, and I don't mean 80s cock rock or power metal or any of that, death, black, hardcore and doom mostly, there's a lot of movement towards future found in there too, i don't think that just simply chancing the instruments is way tot he future, there isn't going to be a lot of really new music to be found anymore we have the ultimate ends ambient and noise and almost everything between.

13. I'm guessing there was wasn't much argumentative intent in that statement, but I feel I must defend my beloved genre. If you want music that really pushes the boundaries of human limitations, look no further than bands the likes of Cryptopsy, Dying Fetus, Marduk and so on! It's well known that real metal takes a lot of skill to play.

I would find it very hard to believe that any other genre has evolved as quickly as metal has, ever since Black Sabbath wrote that crushing riff to their title song, it has been moving forward, though maybe not in what is presented to the public! (Hello nu-metal! Bugger off now please and stop giving our genre a bad name!) I'm confident that real metal continue to evolve in the future too!

I look forward to hearing some of your electronica stuff, though if it's similar to a certain Autechre song MoogleKexin demonstrated to me, I doubt I'll be very impressed. Sorry!

14. metal moving fast? well I don't think so it goes in 10 year leaps at least on the bigger scale and if you want to find music that pushes the boundaries of the listeners psyche get some song from:
    Merzbow
    Vinterkälte
    Brighter Death Now
    Folkstorm
    Genocide Organ

I mean that's just insane! It makes some people feel pshcically ill or at least gives them a headache, but when you get beyond that point of disturbance etc. it's really really beautifull when listened at high volume ot just takes you and leads you somewhere..... very intense.

as for good electronic music...
    Some infected Mushroom or hallucinogen, Skinny Puppy, Ulver (perdition city is the best!!!!!)
    -Front Line Assembly-
    there's a lot of stuff out there, very different to eachother

15. rock and reggae dude..rock and reggae..oh yeah :)..and the rock can be pretty heavy at times too like some deftones shit..but softer as well..

16. reggae when high, metal when not

17. my music is whatever suits me... it ranges from iffy to the ramones, from rhcp to deep purple... except RAP... oooo how i loathe rap....

18. i dont understand how anyone can not like rap when there high. its the greatest. i like all kinds of music but 90% of the time when im blazing it i either listen to cypress hill or tupac. it aint easy & never had a friend like me are the two greatest songs to get high to.

19. its just personal preference i guess.

20. reggae all the time, especially high...pink floyd, album: piper at the gates of dawn...and dark side of the moon...techno when i am drawing or painting while high...totally gets the creative juices flowing for me