What is your guesstamation for when the US fully legalizes?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by DanBoone, Aug 26, 2009.

1. I give it 4 more years. :smoke:

2. by november 2010 for california and possibly another state. id say 5 years for the whole country unless ron paul gets voted into office next term or something.

3. Never....or maybe in a decade when they can make it so you don't get high just relief. I can't honestly see weed completely legal in the US.

4. no way. eventually marijuana will gain enough support that it'll become legal. i mean it is a democracy.

5. democrazy is more like it. Honestly I dont think it should be legalized, too many people would do it then, and too many people would disrespect it. Decriminalized is what needs to happen. i dont care if anyone else does it or what ever they do, just dont punish me for it. and as a side note, i have no belief in the government doing anything, like really? all they do is perpetuate the problems we already have by throwing money into it. honestly i think people should just go back to living in the woods off the land, it makes me sound like a giant hippie, i wouldnt say i am just i have respect.

6. Obama won't get re-elected. The next president will do it in her second term.

The reasoning behind this is that, while on a state level Obama outdid McCain, it was actually a decently close race. My guess is that going for his second term, he won't have the same tactical edge, and someone else will win. That president will get elected again, and towards the end of her term, she will have some internal epiphany that shocks the world. Then, she will legalize it.

And yes, the next president will be a woman too.

7. too many people would do it? are you smoking for the image?

and decriminalization doesn't mean theres no punisments, it decrimed where i live and you still dont see people walking down the street smoking, or smoking on their front porch, people are still scared to smoke because of the police.

8. Imagine that, first a black president, then a woman pres, where is this world heading. Ha Ha Ha , just kidding. Back to the question at hand. I think it will be another 10-15 years. Basically, once the "baby boomers" take total control of the country, mj will be legalized.

9. You mean the baby boomers kids?

10. if obama is elected a lame duck president, it will be around 4 years yep

11. I think more states will slowly decriminalize it like Mass. To be fully legal i would say 10 years. It really depends on what happends with our economy.

12. Federally, never. Rhode Island will be the first to legalize and tax, it'll fix the deficit, then Cali and Mass will follow suit, other states will jump on the bandwangon, and then the Feds will slam that iron fist right down on us.

I hope I'm wrong.

13. #13 MaltedGrapez, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009
    it seems to me that Legalization of cannabis is a ways off at i'm guesstimating @ 10-15 years. But, complete decriminalization (no matter how backwards decriminlization IS) of cannbis (like netherlands, czech-republic, etc) is probably 4-8 years away.

Once our generation-- the children of the baby boomers aka Generation Y (born between the late 70s to mid '96)-- is grown up and we have ourselves firmly represented within our government, eventually one of us will be Pres,... that is when all the major changes will occur. Right now we take baby steps.

14. Look at it this way guys, eve if its not the next 5 years, by hte time our generation is in office it'lll b legal without a doubt. Not to sounds like a tool but i got chosen for this boys state shit in mass where one guy from each schhol in the state goes and learns about politics and plays sports and shit. But anyway when the whole group was together and confronted with issues ie. Universal health care, War on terror, etc. The only unified opinion was to legalize it!

15. The federal government knows the truth and has known the truth for a very long time, and they continue to enforce unjust laws. I could see legalization happening in the distant future or not happening at all.

16. 2020

I think it will take longer then suspected.

17. end of obamas second term, if he gets re-elected

18. that's not going to happen.

19. after the second cleansing of the world

20. When Gen X is completely in power, then it will happen.