What is your favorite American car right now? (no classics)

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by RIghteous, Apr 16, 2011.

1. I am considering either a Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro, Dodge Challenger.
    I will be looking at the top end models, no V6s.

2. all those cars are classics bro

PS wheres the love for the allmighty Corvette?

3. I am car shopping right now. I meant, I was looking at only the current gen models of these cars. I agree they are classics. I think its great we live in a new generation of muscle.

Vettes are just not in my price range right now. This car will be my daily driver.

4. Why are you so determined on American cars? Why not something like a BMW, Audi, or Mercedes? All of which you can find with V8 engines and a bit of horsepower.

However, how about the Cadillac CTS-V Coupe. Supercharged V8 with 556HP. It's pretty pricey, but it's powerful and good looking. Also, I'm confused as to why you want a muscle car for your everyday commuter. Why not by an economy car and later get a muscle car for weekend driving.

5. ford or chevy trucks baby

or jeeps

they aint "cars" but theyre as american as u can get

edit__caddys are sick to

6. There is no such thing as a good looking Caddilac. And I am not looking for a luxury car here. I want something that is bad ass and American.

I have owned 3 BMWs in the past. My current is an 02' M3.

Economy cars was when I was in high school.

7. CTS-V .....*drool* I prefer the sedan though, fastest production 4 door there is :devious:

8. The Cadillac I mentioned can easily be considered (if it's not already) a muscle car. It's more powerful than both the cars you listed up there.
    Cadillac CTS-V Horsepower: 556 (With a 6.2L Supercharged V8)
    Top Speed: 191 mph

Camaro 2SS Coupe Horsepower: 426 (6.2L V8)
    Top Speed: 170 mph (with a factory limiter of 155 and everyone who owns one never claim they got it over 140).

Dodge Challenger STR8 392 Horsepower: 470 (V8 6.4L Hemi)
    Top Speed: 175 mph (claimed by factory, again no one getting it up to that speed because you'd need around 5-7 miles of straight surface to do it).

The Camaro and Challenger are really heavy and have disproportionate bodies so their handling is shitty and they aren't as fast as the Cadillac. All three cars are American and look decent. Perhaps looking at the Cadillac it doesn't look as mean as the other two, but you'd know if it came down to it, your car would kick their asses in a second.

9. Godda agree with the guy up there, if we're talking current gen american power, the CTS-V all the way.. I love camaros but I'm just not into the two newest gen's.. third gen all the way :D

The new challengers are sick too, I wish I had the money to get any of these right now honestly haha

10. That's a false statement. The Porsche Panamera Turbo is faster 0-60, on the Nurburgring, and top speed.

11. I never heard of it so I just looked it up. It always amazes me how Porsche keeps pushing out so much power with much smaller engines. I think it only beats the CTS-V by .06 seconds 0-60. The overall top speed is the same though.

It's an ugly car though.

12. The new mustangs are way over rated... Trust me, people will see it and be like "oh... Thats coool...." (my mom's 40+year old mom has one even, with the v8 and a manual). I've heard that the Camaro's are absolute crap, but I kinda like 'em and I'd drive one...
    Aaahhh, the challenger, my dream car... I'd say buy this one above the other 2. Mopars are awesome cars (in my case van) that'll run forever if you take care of them

13. Challenger or a CTS-V coupe if you wanna spend big for style and performance. The mustangs aren't bad, but it seems like everyone and their mother has one lately.

14. I used to love the new Challengers, however looking as awesome as they do, the interior and feel for the car left something to be desired. I don't care too much for the new Camaros, haven't driven one, but not into the looks of them. I love the new Mustang however, and instantly fell in love after test driving it. Just go test drive each one before making your decision.

15. Ya I don't care that the interiors are shit lol, I am buying American on purpose. I will allow my dog to ride in the car with me (German shepherd).

I want something very hard core. A mans car. You wouldn't see Vin Diesel in a Cadillac.

Also since I wrote this post down I am starting to lean toward Mustang a little more than I used to be. I am def not going to be strapped for cash after the purchase, I would possibly be interested in getting a forced induction setup professionally installed, wheels, exhaust, and possibly a chameleon paint scheme. I know these cars are a dime a dozen in my city but I will definitely make mine unique.

16. #17 mrdeadfolx, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2011
    If you're looking for that perfect V8 rumble go with the challenger. The charger is lighter though, so if you're about speed and considering Mopars then go with the charger. Despite conveniently having four doors the charger will more often than not outperform its equivalent trim level challenger

17. Probably the chargers or challengers. im mad that cops are using chargers as u.c.'s though. those things are sick.

most dissapointing new american car. the impala. was soooo nice 60's-2005
    96 was the best though by far. the new impalas are ugly.

18. Oooohhhhhhh, i forgot about the new chargers.... I want one of if those too hehehe... OP, i'd say go mopar and if you want drop in a 440 HEMI... Tye interior of my dodge was completely and utterly thrashed at one point (6.5 years of mud, pop, food... You name it it was probably there)... Spent 4 hours cleaning THE whole thing (granted its a minivan), and it looked new again

19. boss 302

/thread