What is your current job?

Discussion in 'General' started by dantino, Nov 30, 2011.

1. [quote name='"sirbrandon101"']Deckhand on a fishing boat. $10-20/hr depending on what we catch.[/quote]

How do you get into that? What do you have to do as a deckhand?

2. I work at www.ROCKWORLDEAST.com and it's storefront location Rock Candy Boutique in Halifax, NS. The storefront has a big smoke shop which really rules, our boss is really good about letting us have stuff for free since we work so hard.

I get paid way too good to just be selling bongs and t-shirts, But I've been with the company 6 years (on and off, I was managing a tattoo shop and doing body piercing for a year) and the pay keeps me here/coming back and not working anywhere else.

I'm super happy with my job, I work with some of my closest friends and get to talk to rad people all day. Not to mention my Boss is really awesome and totally makes his staff feel like gold. It rules.

3. My friend worked on the boat and one of the other guys quit so I took his spot. We fish for lobster so I have to prepare the bait in the morning before we leave the harbor and then it's a 1hr ride out to where all our traps are set up so we get to chill for that hour. It takes us 6-7hrs to go around and pull up all the traps(around 100 of them), we take the lobster out of them, put some fresh bait in them and throw them back out. When we get back to the harbor we spend another hour cleaning the boat and getting ready for the next day.

It's hard(and dirty) work but in my opinion it beats the hell out of working at the mall or something like that. I make more money and I get to be out on the beautiful Pacific Ocean all day. :D

4. [quote name='"sirbrandon101"']

My friend worked on the boat and one of the other guys quit so I took his spot. We fish for lobster so I have to prepare the bait in the morning before we leave the harbor and then it's a 1hr ride out to where all our traps are set up so we get to chill for that hour. It takes us 6-7hrs to go around and pull up all the traps(around 100 of them), we take the lobster out of them, put some fresh bait in them and throw them back out. When we get back to the harbor we spend another hour cleaning the boat and getting ready for the next day.

It's hard(and dirty) work but in my opinion it beats the hell out of working at the mall or something like that. I make more money and I get to be out on the beautiful Pacific Ocean all day. :D[/quote]

Sounds like quite a job!

I'd do it if I had the ability to do grimey work like that.