What is your current job?

Discussion in 'General' started by dantino, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Are you happy with it?

What is your hourly wage?

Does it pay for weed well?

I currently work at hollister. where do you guys work?

2. Earth

i wager that, hourly

fuck no :eek:

3. Professional lottery player.

4. 1.I like what I do (electrical apprentice) mainly work for the underground mining industry, building substations, starter panels for various things, 10-500kW ventilation fans, maintenence and overhaul on single/twin boom jumbos.

2. $18 an hour isn't bad considering I'm only a 2nd year. I'm saving away about $600 a fortnight for a house, maybe a little more than that

3.I am currently on call, means at anytime I can get a callout to anywhere if something fucks up and I have to be sober and pass a drug test. So no, not at the moment haha

5. i actually work with a bunch of different construction companies, sometimes people need me sometimes they don't. its pretty cool actually, i've never had to work on finding a job because my boss will go "i don't need you next week, but my buddy can use you if you're down" and then that guy did the same ahaha.

basic construction laborer - $12 an hour

electrical - $15 an hour

landscaping - $140 a day

roofing - 130 a day

i would say i make the best money roofing.. i work with a bunch of newfies that hate working long days so i usually make $130 for 6 hours a day. landscaping is good, but every week there is a day or two that's 12 hours long and then im technically making less money than i would even if i worked basic construction lol.

i actually love working the basic construction because the people i work with are soo funny and chill. we crack jokes all day haha.

EDIT: each one pays for weed and a night or two at the bar. (among the shit i have to pay for.)

6. [quote name='"housey"']1.I like what I do (electrical apprentice) mainly work for the underground mining industry, building substations, starter panels for various things, 10-500kW ventilation fans, maintenence and overhaul on single/twin boom jumbos.

2. $18 an hour isn't bad considering I'm only a 2nd year. I'm saving away about $600 a fortnight for a house, maybe a little more than that

3.I am currently on call, means at anytime I can get a callout to anywhere if something fucks up and I have to be sober and pass a drug test. So no, not at the moment haha[/quote]

ahhhh someone used fortnight!!!!

i just recently added that word to the "words people never use anymore" thread.

i work at a university, state job, so it pays well and great benefits

7. 1. Caregiver

2. Enough to make me happy

3. Self explanatory :p

8. dark brotherhood assassin

yes i'm happy to serve sithis

pays for weed quite well

9. Research chemist.

$1850 per week. Give or take.

Go to school kiddies.

10. [quote name='"dantino"']Are you happy with it?

What is your hourly wage?

Does it pay for weed well?

I currently work at hollister. where do you guys work?[/quote]

McDonalds..for years

Im not necessarily happy with it but I've learned to make fun out of it Plus I work with some of the coolest people I've ever met. We have a blast.

My hourly wage is about 8.70/hr

I got more important things to pay for

Just a question, do you get over that horrible smell of Hollister? Ive never gone in there but I walk past it and its just horrible.

11. I rig and operate hidden cameras for reality TV shows and some commercials.

I work in a rental house Mon-Fri 9-6 at like 8.50 an hour. I didn't even know that was my wage for the first few months cause they pay me weekly. Flat rate of $375 a week whether I'm able to make it to work or not.

The real money is when Im in the field operating.

Tech Utility makes $400

Camera Assist makes $250 if lucky.

Operator makes $600 a day :smoke:

I've done all three but pretty much am at the point where I operate 80% of the time. Got 2 straight weeks in January and possibly a 14 week gig starting in Feb :D good start to 2012.

12. I work as a network administrator for a US based VOIP telecomm company.
    I enjoy the nature of the work, the office environment is nice and comfortable, I also travel to cities within the tri state area, which has its pros and cons.

It pays about 1050 per wk plus medical benefits, and full tution reimbursement up to the masters level.

It affords me a decent budget for bud, and there was only an initial Urine test and is only given for injuries sustained while working beyond that point. All in all I'm quite happy with it for now, and I like the career outlook.

13. Yeah I like mine. $26/hr and I work about 220 hours in 2 weeks, then I get a week paid off, then the cycle repeats.

14. what job requires 220 hours over a two week period?

15. [quote name='"redhat11"']Yeah I like mine. $26/hr and I work about 220 hours in 2 weeks, then I get a week paid off, then the cycle repeats.[/quote]

220 hours in 2 weeks?

bullshit.

16. damn nice. +rep for success haha

17. [quote name='"THCandroid"']

what job requires 220 hours over a two week period?[/quote]

Oilfield. 16 hour days

18. Deckhand on a fishing boat. $10-20/hr depending on what we catch.