What is wrong with this :-(

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Smoke1tone, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Well not quite sure with this baby. It's about 3 wks old from sprout. Grown in hydro ph is 5.6, ppm 150. What's bothering me is that I have yet to see my first true set of fan leaves yet. At the bottom of the fat leaves there is all kinds of Lil veg growth I've never seen such a small bushy Lil plant like this before. By the way it's bagseed so should I kill it or let it live. U decide

image-1930625744.jpg

2. There isn't much information given, but for what is given, this is what I can advise. First, keep the PH around 5.8-5.9. How do the bubbles look? What kind of medium do you have the plant in? I can't even see it because there is so much tin foil. What kind of lights are you using? And how far away are they from the plant. How are the roots? Have they branched down to the water yet?

Don't kill it.

3. Thanks for the quick response. First I'm using hydroton as my medium. It's i a small 3gal tote and the roots are in the water and are healthy looking. My box (which I'm using just for seedlings) 2't x 16" w x 1' d. I have 6 23w cfl's all are 6500k. After I germed I and there were roots out my rooter plugs I transplanted into the tote. I did however have plants maybe 2-3" from lights

4. What kind of air pump are you using.

5. It's a Walmart ecoplus 1 outlet w/ 4" airstone

6. I would give it a week and see how much it grows, and check back in with another pic. My general rule of thumb is that a healthy plant in veg will double it's size each week (exponentially).

There are a lot of things to consider. I would be concerned if this was a three week old clone, but it's three weeks from sprout. Give her a chance.

IF you do check back in with another pic, show off the roots as well.

7. I really thank you guys for responding and the input that you have given me, and I have since taken her ( hopefully ) deathrow and put it back on life support. I will be doing a journal with this plant if all goes well. Thanks again

8. your plant is over watered/under aerated <---- solve THIS problem and all will be better :D

9. hydro is 5.5-5.8 (min5.2-6.2max)

10. This is what I originally thought as to why I asked what kind of air pump you are running. Buy a second one and throw that baby in there, the more bubbles the happier your plant.

11. #11 Marduk55, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013

My sweet spot is 5.8-6.0. Saying hydro IS 5.5-5.8 is ignorant.

Attached Files:

12. ha!!!