What Is Wrong With The US Government?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TruthfulDeceit, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Although vague, give me your best answer. I'm writing a piece tomorrow and would like to see how my views relate to other's.

2. well, if ure writing then u should research... and find out whats wrong,

3. The Government has not only grown too large, but too centralized. We are no longer a confederacy of states, but rather a giant country with relatively weak political representation.

We need to return Congress, our true representatives in Washington, their power and responsibility to the American people. As written in the Constitution, Congress is the only one that shall appropriate expenses (not a secret financial committee and Federal Reserve members) and declare wars. This would immediately lead to balanced budgets and saner foreign policy.

We need to revert to a system where states have sovereignty and can enact their own social and economic policies so long as they don't infringe on the basic rights of other national citizens. This is the same way the EU works, I believe. The competition between states will encourage growth and development.

Who will have the best schools? The best hospitals? Who will pay the least taxes?

There would be no legal paternalism, no coercive taxation, no insane defense budget, no exploitative industrial complexes, no giant Federal welfare programs, no boom-bust cycle....

Unless the states want to amend the Constitution, then anything is up in the air. Or they can democratically secede from the 'Union' and try life without our protectionism.

But that's just my take.

4. then what u think bout this
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-2755

i'll support it

5. Sounds good to me!

Personally though, I think we should start by legalizing currency competition. Allow a commodity backed currency to be used as legal tender aside the US dollar.

This will give people the choice of a currency that doesn't lose value over time.

It will also give the Fed incentive to actually stabilize their hollow currency (which is their job in the first place), rather than distort prices and inflate it like they do now.

6. We the people of the United States sat back and allowed for our government to take our rights away, which intern makes us a failure to our democratic system. Less than half the possible people eligible to vote in the United States actually did, there were over 70,000,000 people in the United States that were registered to vote in 2004, never did.

Democracy has not failed us, we failed Democracy...

7. that's great stuff right there

8. Division of Powers, and no easy way to dispose of an unsatisfactory government.

American should consider the parliamentary system. Paul Martin learned first hand how good such a system is at disposing of an unsatisfactory government.

9. Very good views.

10. The real problem is that our government is not our own anymore.

It is simply controlled by people who pull the strings behind the curtain.

The US was hijacked along time ago.

It's OBVIOUS they don't have interest in the US thriving. Otherwise they would have stopped the harmful economic practices long long ago.

Now, they use the US as a tool, to accomplish whatever goals they have set forth.
    Most of the time funding both sides of a war, accumulating massive amounts of wealth from the interest.

Most likely to centralize world governments.

11. It is quite simple: the government does not care what the citizens think and it is the most copious business in the world. Why is the government a business you ask? The Federal Reserve, oil, the Drug War, the money made from alcohol and tobacco, etc. They are blatantly taking advntage of the people and so many of us are too idiotic to realize.

12. it started 1903 or something, that when the feds came in and fuck the america up..

a lot of people are start to relizing it now..
    people startin to wake up and start knowing whats really goin on...
    ron paul might be the one for a change.. not obama nor mccain ;)