Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY TOLERANCE

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OneStrangeNinja, Sep 2, 2016.

1. I've been smoking weed for 2 or so years now on and off but only regularly this year. I never smoked often enough to worry about tolerance until a few months ago, I never really had a big tolerance until I got one of those thc liquid vapes for stealth reasons and I know most people just get a buzz from them but I was getting higher than I've got in my life, like psychedellic highs but obviously after time tolerance builds up pretty quick on a daily basis like that and I was sometimes getting fried 4 times a day for about 2-3 months when it all just stopped working for me I would puff and puff and puff and just feel the most mild feeling like I'm about to get high but I dont and I had about a 3 week tolerance break (but I did break it 2-3 times but only like a bowl each time) then after all that time I start smoking flower again. I smoke a fat king size and its the same thing. it doesnt even feel that much like high I get like fucked up and tired and I just stare off in the distance and next thing I know its been hours. when I try to smoke more its like I get that same feeling but just stronger. a week after smoking again I have only accomplished one worthwhile high and I got a new vape and I used to get destroyed off of 7-8 hits (my first time I got high off of 1 hit) but I just puff and puff away, 20 hits and feel slight weight on my eyes, thats it. I also tried edibles, my first attempt at edibles I felt a high building up for about 40 minutes, then it just dissapears and I tried tripling the dose, this time felt nothing. did six time the first dose, still absolutely nothing. I'm sorry this is so long but its absolutely frustrating to me and I just keep wasting more and more money and my tolerance just wont go down.

I'd like to add I'm predisposed to Mental illness. I've been depressed since I was 11 years old and have schizophrenic-type episodes and I have pretty extreme anhedonia, I dont know if this means anything for my tolerance but I heard someone saying how thats to do with the same receptors that have to recover for your tolerance to go down

2. Ok first off please use paragraphs bro it'll make your thread much easier to read. Second, in regards to your tolerance, I myself find that when you have a vape pen you tend to hit it all the time everyday which can create a big tolerance to thc.

I go back and forth from hash and bud and that seems to help. Or you can always just take a t break. Even 3 days goes a long way for me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. To add some medications for depression can affect tolerance aswell.

4. Op has a high tolerance and can't take a tbreak without cheating

• Like Like x 2
  5. yeah but surely my tolerance shouldnt be exactly the same as it was before, 1 bowl a week? and when I try medical grade edibles they just dont do anything to me. and all my friends who smoke more than me and longer than me still get straight stoned off a spliff and when I smoke a pure king size, just nothing except red eyes and me losing track of time

6. It's all in your head. You're used to being high all the time now so it just feels normal. Change your mind set amd your tolerance will change.

I've been staying high all day every day for quite a while and usually high from the 2nd hit.

Also, maybe you need better weed?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I thought so too but picking up the vape again after a month (its 85% thc) and I also brought home some medical straight from DC thinking I'd get destroyed but came home just to waste it all on not getting high. I see what your saying and its probably a big part of my problem but it has to be more than that.
    Maybe breaking your tolerance break, even once a week like a did just stops it from going down.
    If all else fails I'm going to try and go another month without smoking, but I'm getting a hookup for dabs to see if that works on me, and I'm not gonna try to get high until then

8. I never take tolerance breaks.
    Most bud I get is damn dank.
    I get high everyday.

Change up your smoking environment. Be more active and drink more water. Eat as healthily as possible.

If you can't do this then I promise it's something you will have to change in your mind. There is no way you have a higher tolerance than me.

Either that or you forgot how to do it...

• Like Like x 1
  9. already having dank ass weed you probably never chased a better high did you?
    I think thats what really gets your tolerance going.
    my best friend smokes and tries to get higher ever single time and under his influence I sadly did the same, no matter how stoned it was just "we gotta get higher", when I first got my vape 1 hit got me higher than I wanted to be but because of that seeking the worlds best high I quickly went up to 4, then 6-7, then 10-11

10. Most of my teen years were spent chasing the highest highs. It was mission to get higher than the night before. I'm very experienced with using concentrates too. Since you continue to ignore my advice and try to argue I'm gonna offer up a good fuck you and good luck

11. I'm not arguing with you or ignoring your advice I really appreciate it and I said in one message its probably a really big part of why I'm not getting high, I'm just having a conversation because I'm really curious and want to learn more about how tolerance works for other people, not arguing. but thanks for the good luck, and fuck you too (in a good way)

• Like Like x 2
  12. TheSuperApe makes some good points, OP... food choices, water & exercise are all critical to the body's proper operation. I'll add, take an Omega-3 (or 3/6/9) and multivitamin daily. Omegas are linked to so many systems in the body, including the heart & brain!

Check out this awesome post by "Granny" Storm Crow from a few years ago for more info on Omega-3s. A short quote:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Take Krill Oil, and take a one week T-Break. In this time drink lots of 100% cranberry juice, Mango juice and pomegranite juice. If you have a gym membership and they have a sauna I suggest an hour a day in the sauna. Walk at least a mile a day. Drink a gallon or two of water a day too. I guarantee that after a week of following my instructions you will get high as fuck. This is a detox routine I do and a couple of my friends do as well since I turned them onto it. It really helps. Also, switch up methods of delivery. Bong one day, pipe the next, joints the next, vape the next etc.. Switch up your strains too. Stay away from smoking solely concentrates. Personally I'm not a big fan of vape pens.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Medications can make you more or less sensitive. I'm on a tricyclic antidepressant and it makes me very sensitive to cannabis and a huge lightweight. Its pretty awesome haha

I think its probably because of a medication. What meds are you on?