What is wrong with my seedlings?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Gliese581g, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Hey everyone,

These seedlings are just shy of two weeks. No nutes have yet been applied and they are growing in soilless Sunshine #4, which has some starter nutrients that are supposed to last for a couple weeks.

This is my first grow. I have been watering every 3-4 days, waiting until the medium is thoroughly dry.

Not every seedling looks like this. I have 5 in total. Two are very effected (that is where these pics come from), two are lightly effected and one looks totally fine.

I have had spider mites suggested, but the pics I've seen do not look like this at all. I was thinking phosphorus deficiency maybe?

I don't know the pH of the soil, but the medium I'm using has dolomite in it and is supposed to be good at keeping the right pH for pot. I will have a pH meter soon and will know for sure what is going on there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. the only thing i could possibly think would be phosphorus deficiency bc of the leave colors and the slight purple...I would say if you have not fed yet at all you should try a small dose of nutes to get those baby's going.

puffer

3. That's what I figured. Will start AN at 1/4 strength next watering.

Anyone else have any other thoughts on what's going on?

4. Mine just did the exact same thing, definitely a phosphorous deficiency